Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnant 5 weeks after D&C?!?!

(15 Posts)
Shelby92 Sun 26-Feb-17 21:25:47

I'm new to this site and hoping to get some advice.

I had a D&C 5 weeks and 2 days ago. I was suppose to be 10 weeks but baby was only measuring 6 weeks 3 days with no heartbeat. The day I had my d&c my hormones were only 6,486. I was told not to have sex for atleast 2 weeks after but we slipped up about a week after.
Any who so last week I took 2 pregnancy tests and both came back negative so I assumed my hormones had dropped and AF was on her way. Well now a week later no AF and a very faint positive. Left over hormones that weren't detected the first 2 tests? Or new pregnancy?
Could I be pregnant so soon after a d&c and before my first cycle? I'm scared to death that my body won't be ready to hold another pregnancy if I am.

Any stories or advice would be helpful!

KatharinaRosalie Mon 27-Feb-17 11:57:25

I was pregant just a few weeks after a MC, and everything was totally fine with the pregnancy. Several friends have had similar experiences.

MissMooMoo Mon 27-Feb-17 14:37:54

Im currently 28 weeks pregnant with a baby I conceived straight after a MC at 6 weeks,no period in between.
Its possible!

Shelby92 Mon 27-Feb-17 15:10:22

Thanks for your responses. So i took 4 tests yesterday all super faint and then took one this morning and still faint so not sure how to feel shouldn't it have been darker this morning?

BackInBlack78 Mon 27-Feb-17 15:16:04

I've learned from this site that you get way more false negatives than false positives... it's very possible!

Shelby92 Mon 27-Feb-17 15:21:24

I suppose it's time to make a doctor appointment and find out what's going on. Hope he's not to mad I didn't wait the 2 weeks like he suggested lol.

MissMooMoo Mon 27-Feb-17 17:40:04

shelby i would go see the doctor.
Mine also advised to wait a cycle inbetween when I saw him for a follow up to discuss my MC, it was already too late by that pointblush as I got a positive a few days later.
Midwife told me its rubbish out of date advice as they set due dates by the 12 week scan now.

oliversmummy26 Tue 28-Feb-17 14:07:23

Exactly that happened to me, had an MVA on 2nd December last year and positive test on 6th January. Now 12+2 and conceived about 2 weeks after MVA.

I was told to wait a cycle before TTC again, but this is only so that it's easier for them to date a pregnancy. We were only told to wait to DTD until I had stopped bleeding, which we did.

Congratulations!

oliversmummy26 Tue 28-Feb-17 14:07:46

Exactly that happened to me, had an MVA on 2nd December last year and positive test on 6th January. Now 12+2 and conceived about 2 weeks after MVA.

I was told to wait a cycle before TTC again, but this is only so that it's easier for them to date a pregnancy. We were only told to wait to DTD until I had stopped bleeding, which we did.

Congratulations!

littlepooch Tue 28-Feb-17 14:12:20

This happens to me with dd1. I got my bfp for her 5 weeks after. None of the doctors or midwives warned me against ttc again so quickly - they told me they used to say not to for dating purposes but there's no other reason not to if you feel ready and one of them encouraged me to go for it if I felt ready. So it is very possible you are pregnant.

Shelby92 Wed 01-Mar-17 04:30:58

Thank you all for your reassuring stories and advice!! I have a appointment tomorrow morning and will leave a update!!

Rosefer Wed 01-Mar-17 07:17:31

Congrats flowers

LeSquigh Wed 01-Mar-17 07:23:23

I'm another one that is pregnant straight after a MMC. No period in between. Good luck!

Snowflakes1122 Wed 01-Mar-17 09:33:53

You might need a scan to check nothing's retained causing a positive, but having said that you are meant to be more fertile after a birth or loss.

I got pregnant 7 weeks after my d&c and am now 24 weeks.

Good luck and fingers crossed for you!

Shelby92 Wed 01-Mar-17 20:26:10

Ok so I went to the doctor they did a urine test that was positive but still faint. He told me it's highly unlikely that its a new pregnancy and most likely old hormones.. He drew my blood to check my hormone levels and I go back Friday for more blood work to see if my hormones are going up or down.
So now I'm back to square one not knowing until Friday. He said the chances are low it's a new pregnancy because I havnt had a period but it happened to you girls so hoping he is wrong and it's new!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now