Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Any hypnobirthing CD recommendations?

(5 Posts)
SaltedCaramelEverything Sun 26-Feb-17 20:40:17

I'm reading into hypnobirthing and would like to start listening to some music a couple of evenings a week to help me relax (that I can then listen to in labour). Does anyone have any recommendations of CDs I should buy?

Thanks!

arbrighton Mon 27-Feb-17 10:50:57

The Sophie Fletcher Mindful Hypnobirthing tracks are free online on the website for the book.

I haven't yet listened to the one I bought (Maggie Howells) as the book is more extremely towards it must be all natural like the apes. Rather than a tool to help manage while discussing how to approach interventions if necessary etc

zambean Mon 27-Feb-17 10:52:46

I've got the Maggie Howell mp3s, I really like them

LePetitPont Mon 27-Feb-17 10:54:54

I have the Maggie Howell MP3 effective birth preparation but not the book. I generally doze off but something must go in! It's very positive and empowering and has some Techniques for pain mindset.

used the labour companion in my first labour; it was amazing. Induction drip of doom and with a tens machine and gas and air got to fully dilated with Maggie to zen me out.

zambean Mon 27-Feb-17 14:12:34

Yeah I seem to doze off every time! I've made sure I'm sat upright, not lying down, and that I do it when I'm feeling relatively wide awake, but even so. I end up with my head jolting up and down by the end of it!

The book isn't great and not really worth having, but the mp3s are nice. It's nice and relaxing, anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now