Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Heartburn, ouch!!

(8 Posts)
mum2be2boys Sun 26-Feb-17 14:41:07

Hello! I'm 30 weeks pregnant and really struggling with heartburn. It's so painful, especially when I lie down.

I'm drinking gaviscon as often as possible but it doesn't ease the pain for long.

I'm hoping someone can suggest a magic cure to ease the pain!

ExpectoPatronummmm Sun 26-Feb-17 15:12:57

Everyone in here suggested a prescription for ranitidine from the doctors
Unfortunately it hasn't made a blind bit of difference to me.
The only thing that works (temporarily) is gaviscon advance tablets (that u chew and swallow)
I have 3 weeks left of this torture!! Can't even look at food now without having heartburn & indigestion!!

BobbieDog Sun 26-Feb-17 15:15:16

Avoid tea and coffee, chocolate, tomatoes and cheese.

Buy the heartburn relief supermarket own brand as they have the exact same ingredients and are usually almost half the price of gaviscon.

Have a swig of the stuff 10 mins before you lie down.

whirliebird Sun 26-Feb-17 15:45:48

I swear by a spoon of coconut oil...and I'm someone who only suffers heartburn in pregnancy! Wish I'd discovered it first time around instead of 4th grin

taketheAtrain Sun 26-Feb-17 15:52:30

Ranitidine from the doctor (twice the strength of OTC Zantac) taken twice a day helped me enormously.

There was a thread about this just a few days ago if you search.

AnoiseAnnoysanOyster Sun 26-Feb-17 16:02:30

Omeprazole from the GP, lifesaver.

raviolidreaming Sun 26-Feb-17 17:13:04

ExpectoPatronummmm my GP said they would prescribe me Omeprazole if Ranitidine didn't work. Might be worth a try?

AllAboutCats83 Sun 26-Feb-17 19:22:38

Avoid acidic foods and eat small meals regularly. I try not to eat within about 3/4 hours of going to bed or else I can't sleep for the pain. I do sympathise, I'm on week 34 and been getting by on Orange Rennie's and Gaviscon-pretty fed up now though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now