Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pins & Needles

(9 Posts)
AmyG87 Sun 26-Feb-17 09:44:41

Hi ladies.

For the past few nights, I've been waking up with pins & needles in my hands. I only get it at night / in bed, I don't experience it in the day.

Is this another side effect of pregnancy & can you relate? X

10storeylovesong Sun 26-Feb-17 17:15:57

I started with carpel tunnel at the end of my last pregnancy and it returned pretty much as soon as I found out I was pregnant again.

AllAboutCats83 Sun 26-Feb-17 19:18:22

I often wake up with dead/cramped/pins and needle hands. MW said it was carpel tunnel and suggested a self referral to physio. It's a bloody pain and I can hardly grip things anymore and when I clench my hands my fingers kind of 'lock'. I'm an art teacher too and used to dexterous and nimble fingers, I just feel like a 'fat handed twat' (Big Train reference) 😂

flymo79 Sun 26-Feb-17 22:41:54

Urgh, I can relate. Only 12 weeks and it has started for me

babyunicornvomit Sun 26-Feb-17 22:45:07

So glad I just saw this thread! I'm almost 18 weeks and starting about a week ago every morning I've woken up with it in my hands and feet but it's gone away pretty quickly after. No matter how I sleep I get it!

sweetchilli77 Sun 26-Feb-17 22:52:02

SAME...... my fingers are numb in the morning, or my hand is.....and burning feet at night. The joys

TestingTestingWonTooFree Mon 27-Feb-17 06:37:36

I have it too, just on waking. Be glad it doesn't last all day.

AudreyBradshaw Mon 27-Feb-17 09:54:35

I had carpal tunnel from about 30 weeks, ds is 13 weeks today and I only have the tip of one finger left for the feeling to come back into.

(Baby bundlers/nighties are really helpful when you've got a tiny newborn and numb hands, no fiddly poppers to struggle with.)

AmyG87 Tue 14-Mar-17 17:38:14

Hi ladies.

So I went to see the doctor who confirmed it is carpal tunnel syndrome & recommended I use a wrist splint at night. I've had these for about a week now & they do seem to be working. Only gripe is obviously I'm up & down in the night for a wee so it is a faff taking them off & on again! Also when I take them off in the morning, my hands are still quite sensitive. The joys of side effects x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now