Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Aged 35 and over pregnant with No.2? Anyone?

(49 Posts)
RememberToSmile1980 Sun 26-Feb-17 08:57:58

I've just turned 36 (in Dec) and found out one 14/02 that I am pregnant with DC2!
Very happy but absolutely petrified as my DS will be 5 when this little one arrives (approx 23/10). I am 6 weeks pregnant so very early days! I just keep thinking something horrible is going to happen! I don't have many symptoms apart from occasional light headedness and obviously quite tired. I never had sickness with my DS either. Any other ladies out there? Would love to have an ongoing thread to share things and support each other. Please come and talk to me!

BentleyBelly Sun 26-Feb-17 09:10:55

I'll be 35 next week and am 8 weeks with no2. My 1st will be 4 when no2 is due. I feel like poop with constant nausea but I too am rather anxious this time around. Toying with idea of paying for an early scan to help reassure me? Time seems to be moving so slow, October seems to far away

MrsMeggles Sun 26-Feb-17 09:12:39

Yes 37 in May due in the summer. Very normal age for no 2 amongst my friends smile

vfoster Sun 26-Feb-17 09:21:23

I'm 35 in April and number 2 is due in July. My little girl will be 4 in August.
Strangely, I've been really anxious this time around too...maybe it's because I know what's coming!

mistermagpie Sun 26-Feb-17 09:23:02

I'm 36, due number 2 in 5 weeks and DS is 19 months. Nobody (midwives, drs etc) has been remotely phased by my age and I've had a really good pregnancy so far. I'm probably in the top/middle of my friends, age-wise, for having kids but am by no means the oldest.

I'm getting tired now and have had bleeding throughout my third trimester which is a worry, but neither of those things are age related!

GreedyDuck Sun 26-Feb-17 09:29:30

I'm 43 in a couple of weeks and 5 weeks with #2, dd is 2.3.

Dreading the sleepless nights already, dd has always been an awesome sleeper, not sure we'll get that lucky again!

RememberToSmile1980 Sun 26-Feb-17 09:35:04

Hi ladies
Thanks for your messages.
BentleyBelly - I keep thinking it's going too slow! Worried about being high risk
MrsMeggles and vfoster - My DS is a July baby - he was born on the hottest day of the year in 2012!
mistermagpie - glad you've had a good pregnancy so far. I hope the bleeding in your last trimester is nothing to worry about too much.

I was meant to go for a spa day yesterday but I was only able to have a manicure as I am so early on in the pregnancy! Luckily I was with my mum and sisters and they are aware. I did manage to go for a swim though, even though I couldn't go for the massages, jacuzzi and steam room!

DuggeeHugs Sun 26-Feb-17 11:03:48

Just turned 39 and DC2 due in July. DC1 is 18 months old. Also feeling very anxious this time but that's largely due to the extra risks and knowing a lot more than I did last time!

OuchBollocks Sun 26-Feb-17 11:22:29

I'm 35, 36 in July, 38+5 with DC2 and have had a very straightforward pregnancy, much easier than my pregnancy with DD (3 in July).

Jojo13 Sun 26-Feb-17 12:20:00

I'll be 37 in June and baby no. 2 due in the next week.

mum2be2boys Sun 26-Feb-17 14:33:56

I will be 36 next month and currently 30 weeks pregnant with my second. Eldest will be 4 in August.

Definitely finding pregnancy harder this time round, but I think running round after a toddler has a lot to do with it!

whirliebird Sun 26-Feb-17 15:48:52

I'm 40 and due no.4 in 4wks time. My other children are 12, 10 and 6. This has been my best and easiest pregnancy! Being older doesn't mean your high risk these days, they take a lot more than age into consideration. X

vfoster Sun 26-Feb-17 16:20:30

Agreed that number two is harder. I'm so drained this time round! My first is getting used to watching Trolls 15 times a day!

BlytheofWindyWillows Sun 26-Feb-17 16:26:30

I'm 39, due in July. My DD turned 5 this weekend. Have had bloody awful HG same as last time and it's another girl x

RememberToSmile1980 Sun 26-Feb-17 16:27:10

I went shopping today - had a bit of me time. Felt nauseous when I got back home and had to have a lie down. I'm a teacher and back at work tomorrow! Dreading the fact that I have done very little work over half-term! Did anyone have the harmony test done? Or did you just go with the normal scans?

mum2be2boys Sun 26-Feb-17 16:58:51

I'm a teacher too, seem to be a lot of us on here!
I've just had the routine scans and blood tests, haven't had anything extra.

MygirlKeith Sun 26-Feb-17 17:00:33

I'm 35 and 35 weeks with number 3. Others are 11 and 7. This hasn't been the worst pregnancy but definitely feeling more tired now!

vfoster Sun 26-Feb-17 17:14:57

I'm a teacher too! Dreading going back in tomorrow! Thank goodness I've got Thursday off for my scan!

RememberToSmile1980 Sun 26-Feb-17 17:19:45

Hi fellow teachers!
At lest you get to be off on Thursday vfoster! I'm wondering how long I can keep it a secret??? My midwife booking in appt is on the 13th! I just don't want to tell anyone until I've had my 12 week scan! I doubt I will be able to get away with it though!

mycatloveslego Sun 26-Feb-17 17:24:08

Hello, I'm 39 (40 in May) and I'm due in 7 weeks with DS2. DS1 is 5 and started school September last year.
I'm finding this pregnancy much easier than my first, probably because I work p/t, was physically fitter before getting pregnant and DS1 is at school. Awful morning sickness until 14 weeks though!
I'm low risk, age wasn't a factor at all. The only difference for me was that I had to have an OGTT at 28 weeks as I'm over 35.
Had the Harmony test at 11 weeks. Pretty expensive but worth it for the piece of mind for us.
Congratulations to all of you on your pregnancies!

vfoster Sun 26-Feb-17 17:35:21

I had terrible morning sickness so told my line manager when I was 4 weeks...then everyone guessed anyway! We have an open learning zone with one toilet so it wasn't a secret for long!
I'm glad because everyone understood why I was a bit of a mess and they've already managed to get cover for my maternity which is a bonus!
I have Thursday off but then have to go back for parents evening so not as good as I'd hoped!

RememberToSmile1980 Sun 26-Feb-17 18:07:05

Oh bless you - having to go back in for parents evening! I'm going to play it by ear and see how far I get. Best of luck with your scan xx

oliversmummy26 Tue 28-Feb-17 17:10:31

I was 36 in September and am 12 weeks with number two, DS will be 5 end of June.

I am considered slightly higher risk because DS born by urgent CS, and will be consultant led, but not because of my age.

Currently waiting for Downs etc. screening results and really worried they'll be high as I'm 5 years older now.

I am more anxious, but that's because I had a MMC in December completely unexpected and up until then, I was so excited about that pregnancy. Now I've had my 12 week scan I definitely feel better, baby looked great and good NT measurement, just waiting for the screening results is hard.

Going to try and make a concerted effort to be more postive once they're in and enjoy pregnancy. 1st trimester has been pretty hellish. I had constant all day nausea from 7 weeks, which is now finally tailing off, but didn't have any of that with DS.

I'm looking forward to telling DS as he is always saying how he wants a little brother or sister, I'm really pleased there is such a big age gap, as he'll be so much more involved and hopefully less likely to be jealous of the baby as I will be able to explain to him and make him understand more than a toddler would be able to. He is also desperate to help look after the baby smile

oliversmummy26 Tue 28-Feb-17 17:10:31

I was 36 in September and am 12 weeks with number two, DS will be 5 end of June.

I am considered slightly higher risk because DS born by urgent CS, and will be consultant led, but not because of my age.

Currently waiting for Downs etc. screening results and really worried they'll be high as I'm 5 years older now.

I am more anxious, but that's because I had a MMC in December completely unexpected and up until then, I was so excited about that pregnancy. Now I've had my 12 week scan I definitely feel better, baby looked great and good NT measurement, just waiting for the screening results is hard.

Going to try and make a concerted effort to be more postive once they're in and enjoy pregnancy. 1st trimester has been pretty hellish. I had constant all day nausea from 7 weeks, which is now finally tailing off, but didn't have any of that with DS.

I'm looking forward to telling DS as he is always saying how he wants a little brother or sister, I'm really pleased there is such a big age gap, as he'll be so much more involved and hopefully less likely to be jealous of the baby as I will be able to explain to him and make him understand more than a toddler would be able to. He is also desperate to help look after the baby smile

littlepooch Tue 28-Feb-17 17:33:20

Me! I'm 36 and 13 weeks with baby number 2. I already have DD who is 15 months. I am finding it much tougher going this time round - perhaps because I'm running after DD as well. I've had horrendous nausea and sickness again. Weirdly though despite being older, I got pregnant much quicker this time than when ttc dd1. I'm consultant led but that's because I had an EMCS with DD, not because of my age or anything. My mw actually said that for the area I'm in I'm actually average and she sees a lot more mums to be who are in their 40s now who have very healthy and straightforward pregnancies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now