Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Broken bum!

(8 Posts)
Frankie72 Sun 26-Feb-17 07:32:27

A pretty embarrassing one....

My erm poo has been on the large side the last few days and it's been really quite painful to get out... I think I've ripped my bum hole! There's a bit of blood and it stings a bit blush

Help!

TopKittyKat Sun 26-Feb-17 07:40:39

If you've been a bit bunged up and had to strain to go then it's probably piles.
You can get cream from the pharmacy to ease the discomfort. It will heal.
Try some prune juice to loosen things up as it will be uncomfortable to go to the toilet for a while.
It's not nice but you're not 'broken' grin

Afreshstartplease Sun 26-Feb-17 07:42:09

Drink lots of water to soften things up

Greenteandchives Sun 26-Feb-17 07:43:41

Painful. Sounds like an anal fissure. Can be difficult to heal as you will keep tearing it open iyswim.
Get advice from the pharmacist or see your gp.

DrewOB0 Sun 26-Feb-17 07:43:53

I'm there too. I do prune juice in the morning and a mix of prunes and dried figs during the day. Ouch

spacefrog35 Sun 26-Feb-17 07:44:14

May also be an anal fissure, also very common & prune juice will help with that too blush Trying to keep everything moving comfortably, whilst seemingly impossible, is definitely worth it so maybe add some dried apricots, or prune juice to your diet as a regular preventative measure.

picklemepopcorn Sun 26-Feb-17 07:50:38

You need to work on frequency and softness, to stop it happening and help it heal! Lots of water, flaxseeds, and aprocots/prunes.
Wipe gently, and piles cream will help to keep it clean and heal better.

Laura2507 Sun 26-Feb-17 08:44:15

I've got this problem and I'm going to mention it to the midwife when I see her this week. However I'm not surprised as I've had terrible sickness and struggling with most foods and liquids.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now