Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnant or not pregnant clear blue unclear

(10 Posts)
Rpbt18 Sat 25-Feb-17 22:50:31

Hi, I know some say not to rely on these test but has anyone had a clear blue say 2-3 then 2 days later say 1-2? Ive had 4-possibly now worried 5 miscarriages and finding it hard knowing if it's sticking or not so the clear blue is the only way to track it when blood tests aren't available unless you bleed. And as I know the HCG needs to be lower to then bleed anyway so just wondering if anyone has had any similar situations with these? I was pregnant last month so no cycle between so dates aren't easy eighth . Trying to stay positive :-/

ellesbellesxxx Sun 26-Feb-17 06:44:27

Please don't go by the dates on those.. midwives hate them as they are notoriously inaccurate. It took me until over 6 weeks to get 3+ when expecting twins so you would have expected my hcg to be sky high from beginning!
Mine have changed day to day (yes I tested a lot!) but can even be concentration of urine x

MumBeth Sun 26-Feb-17 07:48:12

As the previous post states, please don't rely them! You'll be getting yourself all worried. I understand you want comfort in knowing baby is still there but the dates can't be relied upon. GL x

Rpbt18 Sun 26-Feb-17 08:47:56

I know but it's just so hard! I'm excited that it may still be there and stay but also I know it takes until your levels drop to bleed too so it's very frustrating. I have a scan booked for next week so I'm hoping il make it to that as that will be huge for me and my husband as we always loose them between 5/6 weeks. Il try and not use any tests.
Thanks for you supportive replies x

ellesbellesxxx Sun 26-Feb-17 08:50:20

Pregnancy is a complete minefield of anxiety I get it... keeping everything x this all works out for you xxx

Shamoffour Sun 26-Feb-17 08:55:47

Step away from the tests. I know how hard it is but they do not track your pregnancy. I've had different results on one in the morning and one the same evening.
I've had lots of miscarriages too. Today I am pregnant is all you can say.
Fingers crossed for a nice sticky one for you and congratulationsflowers

Rpbt18 Sun 26-Feb-17 09:21:30

It's so hard as we have been trying for 5 years we both have 13 year old from previous relationships so we know we work...if a while ago now and I've had all the tests for misscarriage reasons and they are all ok. We haven't fallen since aug 2015 as by the 3rd miscarriage I decided enough was enough and then a surprise last month and again this month-I'm thinking positive but very hard after having 2-3 on the first test and then 1-2 on the last 2. I now wish I just took a normal test but the 2 before the clear blue were faint lines and I wanted it in writing and then wanted to check 2 days later hoping would be 2-3 still but now I regret it. Thanks for your positive advice x

Oysterbabe Sun 26-Feb-17 09:24:37

Those fucking things should be banned. Tell you what? Send me £10 a week and I'll tell you how pregnant I think you are, it'll be just as accurate.
Try and stay calm and stop wasting your money flowers

Rpbt18 Mon 06-Mar-17 21:40:54

Hi, since last week my pregnancy tests are still Positive, I had 2 HCG blood tests done 27/2 253
01/3 290
6/3 297
They aren't going up and doubling like they should be, I had a scan and they couldn't see anything today in an internal scan and then carried out the blood test. They've advised me to go back in a week and have another blood test done.

Not feeling much more positive after 4 miscarriages :/

calimommy Tue 07-Mar-17 04:31:36

Sorry to hear that love. X
You are well within the parameters for investigations at this point, It's usually 3 MC or more.

And for next time, use First Response tests. They are far better than clear blue. I swear by them xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now