Talk

Advanced search

I've eaten some rare steak

(10 Posts)
ItsThatBeverleyMacca Sat 25-Feb-17 21:35:29

And now I'm massively panicking. Probably had 7-8 bites before I realised a) how rare some of it was and b) that I shouldn't be eating it. I'm 31 weeks pregnant and have been Googling all sorts of horrors about toxoplasmosis sad

HallowedMimic Sat 25-Feb-17 21:37:54

Rare steak is harmless. You'll be fine and so will the baby.

ShouldHaveListenedInBiology Sat 25-Feb-17 21:38:45

I did this a couple of weeks ago, I ordered it medium and it came rare but I didn't realise until I was near the middle as it was quite a thick steak. I left the rarest bit and felt a bit stressed about it but me and baby are both fine, try not to worry. Was it in a restaurant or at home?

TrinityForce Sat 25-Feb-17 21:40:26

It's OK, don't worry. All the nasties are actually on the outside of the steak - the part which will have been heated up.

Don't worry flowers

ItsThatBeverleyMacca Sat 25-Feb-17 21:41:06

At home, steak bought yesterday from a reputable place, so was fresh. DH cooked it and feels terrible for not checking it, I feel terrible for not paying attention to how rare it was!

I had a mmc last year so I've been anxious all through this pg, I just feel bad I've put the baby at risk myself by not taking more notice of what I was eating.

DramaAlpaca Sat 25-Feb-17 21:41:38

I'm sure rare steak is fine, and at 31 weeks your baby will be fine as you are well beyond the first trimester.

I understand your worry though, I accidentally ate some undercooked pork in the early stages of pregnancy and panicked a bit, but everything was fine.

Step away from Google!

MajesticWhine Sat 25-Feb-17 21:41:40

Try not to worry (although that's easy to say) - the risks are extremely low.

ItsThatBeverleyMacca Sat 25-Feb-17 21:46:28

Thank you everyone...It's so easy to get yourself into a lather of total panic, I'll try relax a bit. My sensible head totally deserts me at times like this!

fabulous01 Sat 25-Feb-17 21:48:44

I wouldn't worry. If however you start to feel poorly go and get medical advice.

PossibiliTea Sat 25-Feb-17 22:03:00

The stress over what to eat and what not to eat is probably worse than having a munch on some rare steak, try not to worry x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now