Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What are these pains?

(7 Posts)
AppleG Sat 25-Feb-17 16:12:42

I'm 11 weeks with baby number 3 and have been getting these pains all along my lower abdomen and into my hips, and just recently around my back. They are a kind of tight, achy or pulled muscle/worked out too hard muscle feeling. At first I assumed it was just round ligament/stretching pain, but increasingly it is making it hard to walk and I find it hurts more when a lift my legs up.
It's worse when I get up from sitting down and then eases off when I walk around a bit. It actually makes me hobble around!
This is my fourth pregnancy to this stage and I've never experienced this before. I can't seem to find anything more than round ligament pain on google - and nothing about pain when walking, or it happening this early in pregnancy.
Has anyone experience similar? Should I be worried? I'm also worried that it's only going to get worse as the baby grows and I won't be able to walk by 40 weeks!!

hellomarshmallow Sat 25-Feb-17 16:18:16

I had this with my second pregnancy. Worth seeing your gp to see if you'd benefit from physio. I had to avoid much walking and standing at the end.

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Sat 25-Feb-17 16:20:46

Sounds like round ligament pain. . More common early on when already got a few dc. . I had it and pains were so bad I couldn't believe all was OK with the baby. . Tell mw about any pains /concerns tho - it's never a waste of their time to check.

AppleG Thu 02-Mar-17 17:25:53

Thank you, hopefully that's all it is then. It comes and goes so I'm guessing it's that.

LucyAutumn Thu 02-Mar-17 18:41:26

Have you looked up sciatica? Its pain from a compressed nerve that you can feel in your hips, across your back and down your legs. I've also heard that a good way to test whether you have it or not is based on pain behind the knee when lifting your leg whilst lying down... ?

SnugglySnerd Thu 02-Mar-17 18:43:00

It could be the start of pelvic girdle pain. I should get a physio referral asap and do the exercises, it sorted mine out!

Mandraki Thu 02-Mar-17 18:46:16

I'm 8+5 and just asked the midwife the other day about similar pains. Was worried as they were in my thighs and I get thigh pain when on period. She said it's just to do with muscles stretching and things moving and it's very common. Check with your midwife for your own peace of mind but what you're describing sounds a lot like what I've had on and off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now