Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Movements

(8 Posts)
jld128 Sat 25-Feb-17 09:38:20

hi all

just looking a bit of reassurance even though i know what everyone will say

i'm 20weeks with my 1st and have defo felt baby moving a few times the last few days just flutters really but today i haven't felt anything yet that's normal isn't it at this stage? there won't be a regular pattern of movements yet

i should mention i had a mmc last year so i'm a paranoid over-worrier at the best!

Thank you

firsttimemum15 Sat 25-Feb-17 09:42:00

If youre worried speak to hospital/midwofe.

Please dont rely on the mixed opininions of an internet forum. But i am sure you knew that anyway and I am sure it is finr but please please please ask your medical team

Northernlurker Sat 25-Feb-17 09:42:29

Yes that's normal. When's your next midwife appointment?they should be able to hear the heartbeat at this stage.

JessieMillz25 Sat 25-Feb-17 09:42:33

I'm 31 weeks and only now getting a pattern. It's still early in the morning, baby might be sleeping or facing a different direction. I also worry a lot especially about her moving, I'm sorry to hear about your mmc.

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Sat 25-Feb-17 09:56:01

It's fairly normal yes but do call your maternity assessment unit or midwife if you're concerned, they might offer to listen in for you. My hospital won't put you on a ctg until you're at least 25 weeks & even then it's very hard to pick up baby.

vfoster Sat 25-Feb-17 10:02:12

I'm 20 weeks tomorrow and I've had similar movements. Some days I feel lots of movements (only low down though) and other days I hardly feel anything.
I think at this stage the baby is still quite small and has lots of room to move around.
Also, I suspect I have an anterior placenta and it's limiting how much I can feel. But won't find out until my scan on Thursday.
This is my second and had exactly the same with my first. There's not much to worry about and I think it's about 28 weeks when they advise looking for patterns. I'm sure it's perfectly normal but If you are still worried, call your midwife. I get myself all worked up with worry during pregnancy and the midwives are so reassuring!

jld128 Sat 25-Feb-17 12:53:47

thanks everyone i was with midwife on tuesday heard a good strong heartbeat and i'm back this tuesday plus i think baby has woken up now

thanks everyone smile

ellesbellesxxx Sat 25-Feb-17 12:55:48

I literally only felt occasional flutters until almost 23 weeks.. with twins! I am now starting to get kicks but midwife reassured no regular pattern to be expected just yet.. however always worth calling them, my local MLU just invite you down for Doppler to reassure c

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now