Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

39+5 and baby getting more active...normal?

(5 Posts)
Heatherbell1978 Sat 25-Feb-17 09:34:50

My due date is in 2 days and for the last few nights baby has been moving sooo much I haven't had a wink of sleep. Normally she's fairly quiet during the night (as was DS) so this is new to me! I've read that baby quietens down before labour so not sure if this is a possible labour sign or not....

RandomMess Sat 25-Feb-17 09:37:21

No it's not normal, ANY change in patterns need to be checked out urgently. Please go to your maternity unit NOW.

Northernlurker Sat 25-Feb-17 09:39:27

Babies absolutely do not quieten down before labour. It's a dangerous myth. It is normal for women to be quite unsettled as labour approaches and that is what might be keeping you awake. If movements change though then you should go and get monitored at your maternity unit. That means less movements but also more.
I would give them a call, explain the baby is moving well but in a changed pattern and request they monitor you just to be sure baby is coping well.

RandomMess Sat 25-Feb-17 09:40:00

Although a slowing of movement is usually the main trigger of concern, ANY notable change in movement does need checking out.

Please see latest medically endorsed information below, do you not have a MAMA Wellbeing Wallet for your notes? I believe this information is on there?

www.mamaacademy.org.uk/for-mums/babies-movements/

Heatherbell1978 Sat 25-Feb-17 11:21:44

I should add that movements during the day haven't changed at all, it's just been for a few hours during the night which has kept me awake and restless but I've been feeling really restless and a bit unsettled the last couple of days. But will monitor closely today and visit the hospital if things don't feel right.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now