Talk

Advanced search

10-11 weeks

(18 Posts)
Laurad04 Sat 25-Feb-17 08:24:29

Hi all, I am 10-11 weeks but no sign of any bump yet. I looked on Google and some people look quite big (bloated).. should I be worried?!

Afreshstartplease Sat 25-Feb-17 08:29:02

No not at all

Those people were probably already carrying extra pounds

Your baby is tiny

Even with my fourth I didn't show til four months

EdenX Sat 25-Feb-17 08:30:22

Is this your first?
My first one I looked noticeably pregnant at about 6 months. I used to worry about people commenting on how small I was (baby was over 8lbs!)
Second one, I had a bump from about 4 months.
Third one, I looked pregnant by 10 weeks! My stomach muscles are fucked.

Laurad04 Sat 25-Feb-17 08:37:18

Hi both.. Yes first pregnancy.y sister showed me her bump at this stage and it shocked me, so I went into panic mode thinking where's mine?! Then Google didn't help! I do get bloated on evenings? And thats when my sickness is at its peak.

Thank you for your replies.

Laurad04 Sat 25-Feb-17 08:41:30

Ps im not expecting a small baby as I was 10.5
Considering how small I am now I was a big baby smile

Afreshstartplease Sat 25-Feb-17 08:43:25

Most people do not have a bump at 10 weeks especially with DC1

I'm sure people stick their belly out on these pictures

ReginaPhalange1 Sat 25-Feb-17 08:52:04

Everybody is different.
I am 19 weeks today and my bump only made appearance about 2 weeks ago.
Congratulations btw flowers

namechange20050 Sat 25-Feb-17 08:54:33

Hi op, everyone is different & carries differently with varying amounts of bloating and amniotic fluid. I did have a bump at 11 weeks but most of my fellow pregnant people didn't. So it's nothing to worry about. Enjoy your pregnancy.

Helbelle75 Sat 25-Feb-17 08:59:45

I didn't get a bump until about 16 weeks. My first as well.
Everyone's different!

Writerwannabe83 Sat 25-Feb-17 09:39:25

With nurse first I didn't have a noticeable bump until about 19 weeks pregnant.

Currently pregnant with my second and bump was forming well at 10 weeks and now at 15 weeks it's a definite pregnancy bump.

Northernlurker Sat 25-Feb-17 09:46:33

Make the most of the bump free bit. What nobody ever tells you is that the bump is a pita grinEspecially when trying to put shoes on, get comfortable in bed, put your seatbelt on etc.

Laurad04 Sat 25-Feb-17 12:08:19

Thanks ladies smile. I guess my next post will probably be in another 10 weeks then, moaning that I am too big smile. Pregnancy is a rollacoster from the minute of finding out. I had no idea how much I would worry, as i thought it was just a happy experience, not just one big worry.

Congratulations to you all. Thanks for all the lovely help.

bobbyloulou2013 Sun 26-Feb-17 18:19:18

Hey! I was 17 weeks with my first when my bump made an appearance, 13 with my second and now I'm 11 weeks with my third and can't hide the fact I'm pregnant! Everyone is different, it doesn't matter how much weight you were carrying before hand - I wear an 8/10 and was very lean from my diet and weight training. Make the most of being able to get comfy in bed still. ℂongratulations on your pregnancy! flowers

INeedNewShoes Sun 26-Feb-17 18:22:20

My bump has just started getting in the way. I'm having to sit further away from my desk etc. (I'm 29 weeks).

You're fine to not have a bump at your stage. I was still wearing all my normal clothes happily at that point. I didn't even tell my colleagues until 22 weeks and no one had cottoned on!

kikibo Mon 27-Feb-17 10:52:28

By week 11 I couldn't close the top of my trousers anymore, but the zip did go up. Though my clothes are always exactly the right fit, so maybe that had something to do with it.

That said, we went to a restaurant this Friday (today I'm 15 weeks) and the lady was quite surprised to hear I was pregnant because 'there was nothing to see', though I was wearing a tight dress and I can definitely say there is something out of the ordinary where my stomach is concerned. I must always be very flat, then... hmm

My mum wore her jeans until she was about 7 months with me and only started showing really at about 8 months when people were utterly shocked when she said she was going to give birth in one month flat shock. I was a nice and average-length baby of 7 pounds, so it had nothing to do with size either.

It all depends. Just enjoy it and be happy you can still wear what you have.

arbrighton Mon 27-Feb-17 10:53:36

I was massively bloated at times, up to 12 weeks, then deflated for a couple of weeks back into normal jeans til the bump proper appeared around 15 weeks- first baby.

At 10-11 weeks, your uterus is still tucked behind your pelvis, so it's probably just bloating- progesterone slows your digestive system down you see

jade1245 Mon 27-Feb-17 12:42:05

hi I am 10 weeks pregnant and I am so stressed out this is my second pregnancy I had really bad postnatal depression with my 1st and so worried it's coming back again. so I had a scan on the 2nd Feb which put me at 6 weeks 4-3 days and then I had another on the 22nd Feb which put me at 9 weeks 1 day i need to know how accurate these scans are as I don't remember my LMP date I've tired to rack my brains but I just csnt figure it me n my bf broke up.n I had sex with someone on the 21st of Dec and me n my bf got bk together the next day I had sex with him around Xmas time my doctor says it's fine I would of completely missed it with the other person as by the scan I would of fell pregnant beginning of Jan and sperm can only live up to 3 to 5e days inside you. but I just can't shake this feeling I feel like I'm going insane I've been reading up on it every single day my head feels like it's going to explode I just csnt deal with it anymore someone please help I'm so scared because of what I done n I'm an over thinker I'll go back into a deep depression

arbrighton Mon 27-Feb-17 13:01:38

Jade, you've started your own thread elsewhere, this isn't relevant to this post.

Stop reading.

Ask about counselling.

Save up for DNA test at brith.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now