Talk

Advanced search

18 weeks scan approx

(6 Posts)
Elkalv Sat 25-Feb-17 01:53:47

Hi, dear ladies , please share what did you see in your scan around 18 weeks? I had mine and a bit worried because baby didn't really move much. And also it looks quite tight space. Doc didn't seem to be concerned and measurements are ok. So just share please your experience, was baby moving? Did you see a big balloon around?

seven201 Sat 25-Feb-17 01:56:04

Didn't move much and can't remember about the balloon/space. Do you suffer from anxiety? Try not to worry as the doctor is the expert.

Elkalv Sat 25-Feb-17 09:35:04

Hi, seven201, no I don't think so ) at least I never was diagnosed with anything but I worry now and then about things , especially if I can not really check. Would be nice to see the baby development inside maybe like a kangaroo, lol

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Sat 25-Feb-17 10:06:02

It possibly looks tight on space because they only focus on baby? I can't say that's something I've ever really thought about at any of mine tbh. Have you started feeling movements yet? Baby could just have been having a sleep or a rest, like us they aren't moving constantly. Your uterus will expand more over the next few weeks as baby grows & the sonographer or consultant would have told you if there were any issues or they couldn't get a measurement they needed.

harleysmammy Sat 25-Feb-17 11:54:02

when i had my 18 week scan, it was a private gender scan. They said baby was all fine and told me he was a little boy, but because it was just a gender scan they didnt give me measurements or anything, when i saw the little measurement at the top that said something like 11.8 cm i panicked and assumed it was baby and thought he was smaller (alot smaller for 18 weeks). I phoned the place and they said that measurement was the waves they used to get the photo, in other words the more cm the closer they get to baby, so maybe they did the same for you as they did for me, used higher waves to get a closer look at your baby and thats why you didnt see much room elsewhere? I cant honestly remember seeing my little boy move on any of my scans except for one (ive had 12 lmao) when he punched me haha. Maybe your little one was just asleep, if there was an issue the doctor would tell you x

Elkalv Sat 25-Feb-17 23:14:56

Thanks girls, I agree that if anything would be wrong the doc probably would tell me or order more tests. I am scheduled to have anomaly scan in 2 weeks anyway so it will be much more detailed and I can ask questions maybe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now