Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Uk pregnancy apps

(5 Posts)
BentleyBelly Fri 24-Feb-17 22:25:21

I've downloaded Ovia but don't really like it. It's American and the wording and advice doesn't really match the way we do things here. Can you recommend any? Can't find the one I used for my first child.

kathrynelizabeth3005 Fri 24-Feb-17 22:38:25

The main app I use is called "Pregnancy +" which I love as ithas loads of features, daily blog posts, daily and weekly updates, baby facts, a timeline of pregnancy and loads more.

It's free in your first trimester (as you obviously put in your due date) and then after 14 weeks it's £2.99 as a one off payment for the rest of the content.

The comments on the blogs indicate it has users all over the world but I haven't noticed the wording to be particularly "Americanised"!

Would def recommend it!

fourcorneredcircle Fri 24-Feb-17 22:44:27

I have pregnancy + too. Not as American as Ovia but still talks about ob-gyns and doctors more than midwives. I get a feeling it's American but has been edited here. Some blog posts are more American than others. It doesn't agravate me the same way as Ovia does though!

BentleyBelly Fri 24-Feb-17 22:57:19

Ovia aggravates me too! Everything is so medicalised (is that a word?) in the US, makes me feel like a right hippy wanting my natural birth. Will try pregnancy + thanks.

SaltedCaramelEverything Sat 25-Feb-17 14:07:45

Baby buddy is good too. UK only. Has lots of reminders of things for mum rather than just baby updates (e.g. Whooping cough vaccine reminders, how to do pelvic floor exercises). It aligns with nhs info

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now