Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Back/pelvic pain in second trimester - worried

(4 Posts)
sunnyfields25 Fri 24-Feb-17 20:22:59

Hi everyone

I'm 24 weeks + 5. For the past couple of weeks my lower back and pelvic region have been getting quite sore. I mentioned this to my midwife at my routine appointment on Wednesday and she suggested I attend a group physio session in a couple of weeks.

However, since Wednesday the pain has been getting steadily worse, and since going for a lie down this afternoon it's got even stronger. It's a dull pain in my lower back/pelvis, with some shooting pains in my right leg when I walk.

If it's a problem with my pelvis then I can handle that - hopefully physio will help. But I've been letting my mind wander and am scaring myself because I know an early sign of labour can be back pain. It's worrying how much worse it's got just over the course of this afternoon.

The baby has been moving around as normal today, and when the midwife checked his heartbeat on Wednesday it all sounded fine.

I just wondered if anyone here has experienced a similar sort of pain, and if so, did it come on or get worse quite rapidly? And did it turn out to be anything serious?

Thanks very much for any replies.

Sassenach85 Fri 24-Feb-17 20:26:21

Sounds like SPD/PGP to me.

Maybe a visit to GP would ease your mind?

oatybiscuits Fri 24-Feb-17 21:17:31

Yes it really sounds like spd; if you can afford to see a chiropractor I would (I've found it massively helpful). I was induced but early labour felt a lot more like period pains, in the back as well. I've had lots of shooting down the leg pains from bad back and pelvis! Pilates helps too

sunnyfields25 Sat 25-Feb-17 20:51:00

Hi both, thanks for your replies. I've not had any pains other than the back/pelvic ones, so I'm thinking it must be SPD/PGP.

Sorry if this is a silly question oatybiscuits, but does a chiropactor treat this sort of problem differently to a physiotherapist? Like I say I'm attending this one-off group physio session in a couple of weeks, but I think I could do with seeing someone on a one-to-one basis really, as the pain is getting quite bad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now