Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Failed morning after pill... success'!?

(10 Posts)
Lozzabell Fri 24-Feb-17 19:07:09

I'm looking for some advice... hopefully. Or success stories after failed morning after pill.

I have 2 sons aged 13 months and 3 this May. My husband and I were going to try for a third later this year.
However... a little 'accident' occurred sooner than planned.
Please don't judge me here... but within 24 hours I took the MAP (levonelle) because a) it was a shock and b) I was having medical tests and wasn't sure if I'd need medication which wouldn't be safe with pregnancy.

Anyway... took it... and I'm now 6 weeks pregnant.

I have a few concerns...

1) would a failed MAP damage the baby in any way? Not just physically but mentally!?

2) I've started having left sided low pains... it comes and goes. I can't remember if this is normal?
Worrying because I read that failed MAP increase your risk of eptopic pregnancies.

3) I had the flu a couple of weeks ago and drank approx 2-3 Lemsip Maxi Strength drinks every day for a few days.

Argh!!!! I'm in such a worry!!

Helllllllp x

Karmaisabitch Fri 24-Feb-17 21:15:32

I'm not sure about the pain however, when I took the MAP early last year, the pharmacist advised that if I was already pregnant, then it wouldn't affect the baby at all.

Don't worry too much about the lemsips, my friend was born addicted to heroin, she's absolutely normal!

What I'm trying to say is there are worse things you could have taken flowers

Livedandlearned Fri 24-Feb-17 21:22:09

I took MAP and it failed, my pregnancy was fine and my ds was fine. And as for the lempsip, I'm sure it's in the same league as finding out you're pregnant after a boozy night out, don't let it worry you.

Todayistuesday Fri 24-Feb-17 21:24:02

You can be more prone to ectopic pregnancies in these circumstances; go to your GP.

Lozzabell Fri 24-Feb-17 23:11:21

Thank you xx it's great to hear positive words. Xx
Re the pain/eptopic... I'll see my gp on Monday and hopefully it's just normal! Eek

MOIST Fri 24-Feb-17 23:15:45

I took the MAP within 12 hours. DD is 21 next month.

Pease keep a close eye. Any increase in pain please see OOH for an emergency referral just in case.

Rya2710 Fri 24-Feb-17 23:21:50

Don't panic!! I took the map with my current pregnancy and I'm now 32 weeks and she's absolutely fine! With the cramping, I had it really bad at about 6 weeks and went for an early scan and was terrified it was ectopic but it was fine and the sonographer said that in most cases of failed map it doesn't result in an ectopic pregnancy, hope that makes you feel a bit better xxxx

Alanna1 Fri 24-Feb-17 23:38:32

Chat with your GP, who will send you for a scan - there is I have been told some slight evidence that it may increase the risk of an ecotopic pregnancy. And start taking folic acid if you aren't already!

Muddlewitch Sat 25-Feb-17 06:26:01

I took the MAP, DS is 6 now and perfectly healthy. I remember being really scared that it might have done something. I found that with each pregnancy ( I have 4) the aches and pains were worse in general but as pp said, it might be worth seeing your GP for a chat to get checked out and put your mind at rest.

Lozzabell Sat 25-Feb-17 20:08:18

Thanks ladies. Thank you for taking the time to write something and for the positive words. I'm feeling much better and already very excited for our 3rd arrival!
The pain seems to have stopped... I'll make an appointment to see the gp asap anyway and hopefully get a scan to give me some peace of mind. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now