Talk

Advanced search

Bleeding for a week. 5/6 weeks pregnant.

(3 Posts)
kays1410 Fri 24-Feb-17 13:26:57

Hi I'm looking for some advice. I think I'm around 6+5 weeks gone. Last Saturday I went to the bathroom and when I wiped there was brown boos there. I went home and called NHS24 who advised to call midwife in the morning. I did and they got my an appointment at EPU on Monday. Bleeding progressed to light pink when wiping to heavier (still lighter than period however need a pad), red and today there have been tiny clots about the size of a grain of rice. Scan showed that there was a pregnancy sac and a yolk sac but could not see embryo or hear heartbeat. Midwife was not concerned as due to b/c my dates may be slightly off. Ultrasound woman said that the pregnancy sac was an irregular shape but did not write this in the notes?! I have another scan on Monday however I was just looking for some advice before then. I'm 22 and this is my first pregnancy and I'm terrified. While it wasn't planned I've spent the last week in tears. Does anyone have any advice?

SarahOoo Fri 24-Feb-17 16:40:12

I can't really give any advice, it's so early that all you can do is wait. However red blood isn't usually a positive sign I'm afraid. My first month of trying was similar, the next month it didn't happen but the third month it did.

I know how upsetting it is but try to stay positive for Monday and see what they say and advise. Xx

Twinnypops Fri 24-Feb-17 19:38:49

Fingers crossed that everything will be ok. I had intermittent brown/pink blood, with one or two instances of red blood during the first 12 weeks. Everything was fine, hopefully it will be the same for you. They also couldn't find heartbeats at 6 weeks, but two nice little ones at 8 weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now