Talk

Advanced search

Early scan - really scared

(9 Posts)
Lemondrop09 Fri 24-Feb-17 09:29:50

I've been suffering with HG since 5 weeks. I'm 8+2 today. The Dr decided I should get a scan to check that it's not twins!

I have no reason to think anything is wrong. No bleeding, no pain. Just normal symptoms like mega sore boobs and of course this horrendous HG.

But I'm so so scared. I'm paranoid about a missed miscarriage. I think the HG makes it worse. I don't want to have gone through all this suffering for nothing, and I certainly don't want to go through it again any time soon. Every day is an achievement, and I'm so scared of miscarrying.

I haven't enjoyed pregnancy at all so far (although the baby is very much wanted), and I should be excited about an early scan but I'm just so worried.

Anyone else been through this?

SockQueen Fri 24-Feb-17 10:00:09

It's totally normal to be worried, and to not enjoy pregnancy - I found it all pretty grim bar about 8 weeks in the middle. But hopefully you'll see a little bean with a heartbeat, and it'll feel a bit more real. I get the worry that you might not, but HG is generally meant to be a good sign (not universal though) and in the worst case scenario, at least you know and can deal with it and end the horrible sickness rather than waiting till your 12 week scan and finding out then. Good luck!

RuskBaby Fri 24-Feb-17 10:06:29

Completely normal, I was full of worry until 24 weeks and then apprehensive until I had baby in my arms.

Lemondrop09 Fri 24-Feb-17 12:18:51

Thanks both. I go in just before 2pm, so fingers crossed! deep breath

Lemondrop09 Fri 24-Feb-17 14:20:31

All was fine smile String heart beat, measured expected size. Not twins!

harleysmammy Fri 24-Feb-17 14:23:43

I think any scan before you can feel baby moving is scary - regardless of whether you have reason to be scared or not. I had a scan at 10 weeks because of bleeding and he was fine, but i still had a nervous break down at my 12 week, 14 week and 16 week scan. I've had a good few in the last few weeks because of reduced movement (im 31 weeks) and even though he starts wriggling away soon enough, i still panic when it comes to the follow up scan. Im sure all will be fine, but its totally normal to worry x

SockQueen Fri 24-Feb-17 14:24:35

Hurray! Now just another 32-ish weeks to go! Hope you start feeling better soon. Are you on medication?

Lemondrop09 Fri 24-Feb-17 15:38:59

Yeah, it seems like we're all just in for a lifetime of guilt and worry now!!

I've been on a few medications. Cyclizine did nothing, promethazine helped a bit. Just started on Stemitil today, so waiting to see if it does anything.

mizzles Fri 24-Feb-17 17:38:10

I think this is quite common - I found pregnancy very worrying until around 22 weeks when the major scans had been done and I could feel movement quite regularly.

One thing I found helpful was knowing that if everything is ok at 8 weeks (when I also had an early scan), the chances are pretty good from that point on.

Best of luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now