Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

M&S boxed salads - OK during pregnancy?

(5 Posts)
AgentCooper Fri 24-Feb-17 08:32:25

Apologies for handwringing but I'm 6 weeks pregnant with my first and, though I generally eat a pretty good diet part of that for quite some time has been those wee boxed salads from M&S for lunch at work (the 2 for £3 ones which contain things like giant couscous, edamames, goats cheese and beetroot etc). I've read that I should avoid chilled salads such as potato and coleslaw and am now not sure if my usual cheap, easy go to lunch is OK. Would you eat them?

Yesterday I got a bit wary and ate a fucking microwave plastic mac n cheese instead (wise) grin

peaceloveandbiscuits Fri 24-Feb-17 08:39:50

They sound delicious. Eat away.

GreenGoblin0 Fri 24-Feb-17 08:44:27

never read that you while avoid chilled salads. this is the nhs advice www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/pages/foods-to-avoid-pregnant.aspx?tabname=your%20newborn

you should avoid mayo made from unpasteurised egg but you won't find that in any supermarket salad.

MrsJW15 Fri 24-Feb-17 10:30:27

I think the thing with potato salads and coleslaw is from shops where they might have been sitting around for a while. Some people suggest avoiding deli-type sandwiches for the same reason.

No reason to avoid those M&S ones - I love them!

AgentCooper Fri 24-Feb-17 19:29:53

Thanks wise women of MN flowers Couldn't respond sooner as I was at work but Jesus, I was getting to the point where I was thinking the only thing I'd be allowed to eat was a carrot boiled for 4 days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now