Talk

Advanced search

Very early symptoms

(10 Posts)
Bahh Thu 23-Feb-17 22:07:59

Hi all. I know this has probably been done a thousand times but I'm worried and anxious and would just like some real time responses, so sorry.

I did a test early last week and it was negative, haven't had a chance to get another one yet. I know you aren't all psychic sallies but could you tell me what your very early symptoms were, so I know if I'm getting worried about nothing and actually it's probably normal hormonal cycle stuff.

Thanks in advance

Justmuddlingalong Thu 23-Feb-17 22:09:30

I had no symptoms. 1st was a missed period.

vfoster Thu 23-Feb-17 22:12:18

No symptoms with my first but we were actively trying and just 'knew' as I felt different.
With my second we weren't trying (oops) and I felt really tired and nauseous for about a week before I took a test.

Bahh Thu 23-Feb-17 22:21:00

Thanks.

That's what I'm stressing about, I 'feel' a little different. But I do have MH issues and am going through a really stressful time in general so it could just be a result of that.

Have got incredibly sore boobs, that is a usual PMS symptom for me but it feels worse and like it's going on for longer than before.

And I'm feeling quite wobbly and emotional which isn't usually like me. I cried at a song on the radio today, have literally never done that in my life.

Not got a huge appetite either. I feel the hunger but don't want to eat anything. I love my food and always know what I fancy so that is really strange.

I know there's no way to know without taking a test. Just haven't had time. And they seem so expensive for a stick I'm going to pee on.

Sorry I'm word vomiting.

haveacupoftea Fri 24-Feb-17 07:32:28

All the usual symptoms - hunger, tiredness etc hit at some point in the 6th week for me. My only really early symptoms were mild cramping after orgasm and insatiable thirst.

Hope you get the answer you're looking for!

vfoster Fri 24-Feb-17 08:18:20

The tests are expensive. I only ever bought first response or clear blue as they were available in my local chemist. I've read other threads on here that cheapo ones from Amazon are just as accurate but can't say from personal experience!
I had a negative with both my pregnancies at the beginning and then a positive about a week later.
Best of luck!

HN42 Fri 24-Feb-17 08:36:35

I like you have sore boobs as part of my PMT symptoms however, usually for me this starts exactly 7 days before my period. When I fell pregnant I started with tenderness in my boobs around 12 days before my period was due so part of me knew at that point something was different. I also noticed over the days leading up to my period was due that the pinkness around my areola started to turn a slightly brown colour.

Other than that all the other symptoms I had were pretty similar to PMT such as period cramps so I did doubt myself about potentially being pregnant when I started getting them. But also some symptoms I always have with PMT were missing such as the spotty skin on my face, and I often feel quite hot and clammy overnight in the days just before my period and that was also non existent.

Also as for pregnancy tests to keep costs down - have you tried wilko? They do a pack of 2 for £1 and they do work, I bought them and only used one as the first one I did was quite clearly positive.

GreenGoblin0 Fri 24-Feb-17 08:45:31

is your period actually late?

NetflixandBill Fri 24-Feb-17 08:48:11

Symptoms aren't really a good way to tell as it varies so much from person to person, and even between pregnancies for the same woman. I'm 19 weeks at the moment and have experienced minimal symptoms throughout.

Bahh Fri 24-Feb-17 08:48:52

Thanks guys smile

I don't know if my period is late truthfully. I haven't bled in several years.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now