Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Found something about me on the ultrasound

(5 Posts)
lilyborderterrier Thu 23-Feb-17 20:29:50

So I've just been to my 1st scan for my 2nd baby. Everything is well with bub!!
But on the ultrasound they showed me I've got a "15 x 10.5x 15.4 cm subserosal fibroid at the fundus of the uterus extending to the umbilicus" ??? I've got an appointment on Monday with an consultant to talk to me and my partner about it but I'm totally clueless, I've had no symptoms or heavy bleeding ?? Apparently the baby is ok but has anyone had this? Or knows anything? I'm a bit stressed. My parter is at work and it's kind of marring out new baby announcement.
If it's bad news be kind please xx I'm
Delicate x

MyGastIsFlabbered Thu 23-Feb-17 20:33:33

A fibroid is nothing to be concerned about. It's just a bundle of tissue.

Floggingmolly Thu 23-Feb-17 20:36:13

Most fibroids are hormonal; it will probably disappear of it's own accord when your pregnancy is over. Don't worry. But; why didn't you ask at the scan? It's supposed to be reassuring?

scaevola Thu 23-Feb-17 20:38:34

Don't fret.

This kind of fibroid is very common, and often symptomless (at least until vast).

The snag is if they grow during pregnancy (and not all do), then - together with the growing baby - this can make your abdomen rather crowded. The consultant may well recommend addional scans, just to keep an eye on what it is doing.

smileygrapefruit Thu 23-Feb-17 20:40:39

I had a 10cm one picked up at my 12 week scan. I was like wtaf!! Completely gone at 20 week scan. They will keep an eye on it but from what I've read it will go away.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now