Talk

Advanced search

Hot tub / jacuzzi in pregnancy

(6 Posts)
user1480264544 Thu 23-Feb-17 16:47:24

I'm almost 18 weeks pregnant and I have a spa break tomorrow. Would it be safe to use the hot tub as I've seen lots say yes and lots say no x

TheTartOfAsgard Thu 23-Feb-17 16:51:22

I work at a holiday resort that has hot tubs in the cabins. It's advised not to use them whilst pregnant.

zambean Thu 23-Feb-17 19:01:01

I would, personally. If you feel too hot, get out.

DarkestBeforeDawn Thu 23-Feb-17 19:11:17

It's about over heating. I have used them in all of my pregnancies and it's been absolutely fine. Keep really well hydrated and just get out if you get too hot/regular intervals to cool off. Enjoy!!

TestingTestingWonTooFree Thu 23-Feb-17 19:29:18

I went on a hen do with half a dozen GPs. They were agreed hot tubs were out in pregnancy, but couldn't agree why. I didn't think it could just be heat, as you're likely to have a hotter bath. I imagine they're a breeding ground for bacteria potentially.

Jellybabie3 Thu 23-Feb-17 19:45:14

Hi OP. I had a spa break booked 1 day after my BFP. I consequently had to cancel treatments as the venue would not allow me to have them. There were also signs on the jacuzzi that pregnant women are not allowed in. I queried it and apparently the difference between a hot tub and bath is that a bath cools down quickly whereas the temp in a hot tub stays constant allowing your core temp to rise. I didnt go in but dangled legs in from the edge. That said others have!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now