Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnant wee?

(12 Posts)
user1487863549 Thu 23-Feb-17 15:40:05

Hello

So my friend is looking to pay me £50 for my urine?! Would you sell your wee?! She's told me for every pregnant persons wee she can collect she's willing to pay £50. I know she works in a science lab (some long complicated job) but don't know why she would need the wee, is it weird of me to just go along with it and sell my wee? Would any of you sell your wee? Ahaha

Sorry such a strange topic I'm expecting my first baby in October and wasn't expecting this to be something I came across!

zambean Thu 23-Feb-17 15:44:46

Sure, why not? I'll send her some of mine if she likes!

BertieBotts Thu 23-Feb-17 15:45:39

How random. Why won't she tell you what it's for? They're usually supposed to explain the research to you. And I think it's illegal for them to pay, FWIW.

mrstomriddle Thu 23-Feb-17 15:53:59

I wouldn't. Someone I know asked me for mine when I was pregnant - offered to pay. I refused. Turns out they wanted it to trick a boyfriend into believing they were pregnant.

If she hasn't approached you with proper scientific info to back up why she needs it (if it's for the lab she works in) then so no

mrstomriddle Thu 23-Feb-17 15:54:16

Say no**

user1487863549 Thu 23-Feb-17 16:13:40

To be fair I haven't really quieted what it's for.. I just thought extra money kind thing? Lol she already has a fionce and 2 children so I doubt very much it's for malicious purposes!

user1487863549 Thu 23-Feb-17 16:13:55

Questioned *

Scarydinosaurs Thu 23-Feb-17 16:16:59

Well you should ask her what it's for- it sounds really dodgy.

ExpectoPatronummmm Thu 23-Feb-17 16:19:44

50 quid for some piss?
Hell yes I would sell.
She could have a grands worth off me between 11pm-8am

Notanotherpawpatrol Thu 23-Feb-17 16:28:45

If she had the paperwork to back it up, hell yes I'd sell my wee grin

sweetchilli77 Thu 23-Feb-17 21:04:29

Sounds dodgy AF, and your he friend but not sure what she does or what she wants it for? If i was asked for my wee even for £10000 id say wtf for?

If she works in biochemistry then surely she is breaching her work contract or something like? Nah, sounds well dodgy.....and you sound a bit naive

DuggeeHugs Thu 23-Feb-17 21:18:17

If she's running a proper study then she should have paperwork for you explaining what she's testing for and an overview of the study itself. This should include who has commissioned her research and which body is overseeing the study. She should also provide a consent form telling you what will happen with the results and asking if you'd like to read the findings at the end.

If she is unable or unwilling to do this then I would refuse - you have no idea what she's doing and, should they find a problem, no idea if they'd notify you. You also have no idea what steps they're taking to protect your identity when referring to results. For me this is too risky.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now