Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Where are your stretch marks?

(69 Posts)
BembaNugget Thu 23-Feb-17 15:12:44

Hi all smile

I'm currently 15+4 and I've just found my first stretch marks. No one told me I'd get them on the inside of my thighs lol! I have a few on my breasts (I think) on they're not as prominent as my thigh ones.

I'm just curious to know where yours might be and whether you have any in any strange or unexpected places?

fruityb Thu 23-Feb-17 15:17:20

A couple on my hips at the sides and the rest are all in the middle third of my tummy below my belly button and a few coming out of my belly button above it. They've faded immensely since DS was born - they were really angry and red when I was pregnant and now they're sort of brown.

ILoveCheeseMoreThanYou Thu 23-Feb-17 15:45:49

I thought I found one yesterday but it was just a crease from my jeans! I have loads of stretch marks from puberty and really really hope I don't get any more confused

wishparry Thu 23-Feb-17 15:48:58

I have 4 or 5 stretch marks on the inside of my thighs,1stretch Mark on the outside of my left thigh,but only 2 on my stomach which are by my hip bones.

BettyBaggins Thu 23-Feb-17 16:11:00

Apart from the obvious places, boobs and belly I also got some on bum, inner and outer thighs and backs of knees! They are now silvery in colour.

ExpectoPatronummmm Thu 23-Feb-17 16:21:10

This is the ONE THING I can be smug about
I've had two kids and not a stretch mark in sight.
I'm 36 weeks with 3rd and so far so good.
Thank you body
(But not for the constipation, heartburn, indigestion, sore bum hole, headaches, morning sickness)

fruityb Thu 23-Feb-17 16:24:16

I didn't have a single one till I was 28 weeks! Was gutted but now I'm really not bothered. I don't show my tummy off anyway, I'm back in my pre baby clothes and I don't mind a couple of battle scars as the little man I have was worth every one!

I bio oiled my belly daily from about 12 weeks and it didn't do a thing lol

drinkyourmilk Thu 23-Feb-17 16:29:02

I'm almost 35 weeks and none so far. However I'm the same weight as I was pre pregnancy and just started to grow fast. Suspect they are on their way!

Orangebird69 Fri 24-Feb-17 01:03:03

Didn't get any. 🙌

toomuchtimereadingthreads2016 Fri 24-Feb-17 08:44:36

Everywhere lol. My bum, love handles, thighs, tummy going all the way from belly button down into lady garden. I am quite a sight to behold lol small comfort they are white not red, but are now being stretched again by DD2. Midwife gave me the whole box of the stretch mark cream samples she had at my last visit lol. Honest to God, couldn't bother me less smile

crazypenguinlady Fri 24-Feb-17 08:51:06

I'm 40+2 today and only started getting some a few weeks ago. I started showing quite early but have grown fairly slowly and consistently, and am told a lot that I have a 'neat bump'. It's only since baby started dropping about 5 weeks ago that I started getting some but only across my lower belly so far.

PineapplePunch Fri 24-Feb-17 09:32:03

I didn't have any pre pregnancy and didn't get any during pregnancy. I've been breastfeeding 7 weeks now and Ive noticed a few on top of breasts when my boobs aren't full after feeding.

Gaaaah Fri 24-Feb-17 09:37:32

Ummm, everywhere.

Backs of legs, thighs, hips, stomach (the ones there stretch all the way down to my lady garden sad) breasts and upper arms both inside and outside. I look like a burns victim. I got them at 18 weeks in my first pregnancy and don't think I've added anymore to them in subsequent pregnancies.

DramaAlpaca Fri 24-Feb-17 16:22:06

Another smug one who hasn't any stretch marks despite three pregnancies. My mother hasn't any either, it's all down to genetics and skin type.

Crunchyside Fri 24-Feb-17 17:53:38

Boobs, thighs, hips, belly, sides... But weirdly, even though the belly stretches the most, that's the one place where I've got almost none!

skerrywind Fri 24-Feb-17 18:07:54

None thankfully.

Elendon Fri 24-Feb-17 19:01:41

I got the thigh ones at puberty, 12, but not one during any of my three pregnancies. The thigh ones never faded.

MusicToMyEars800 Fri 24-Feb-17 19:51:21

I've got them on my belly hips and legs, they look horrible.. I wish there was a way to get rid of them! I'm thankful I haven't got any on my boobs.

DirtyDancing Fri 24-Feb-17 20:22:55

All my baby related ones where hiding right under my belly. So thought I had escaped having any and that my rubbing oil every night into my tummy was a miracle and worked. Then when my tummy (eventually) went down I found them all... oh well!

Iamastonished Fri 24-Feb-17 21:50:46

Not what you want to hear, but I don't have any at all. I had DD at 41 so maybe my skin was more elastic.

NobodyKnowsTiddlyPom Fri 24-Feb-17 22:05:45

I don't have a single one - my mum didn't either. My (half) sister however has them on her hips, boobs and stomach, masses of them. I have had three kids, two of them on the larger side. I have extremely stretchy skin though.

seafoodeatit Fri 24-Feb-17 23:22:03

Where are they not would be quicker, thighs, stomach, hooha, top of thighs, hips, some small ones on my boobs. I already had some on my thighs and legs from puberty so knew I was prone to them and would get beaten with the stretch mark stick, just didn't know it'd be that much! I'm on my third pregnancy now, only halfway and no new ones, probably no room for them.

doubletrouble41 Sat 25-Feb-17 06:02:22

None from pregnancy one; always been a bit smug about that. Found some on my upper arms the other day from my very recent twin pregnancy. Considering how massively fat I got its no surprise! Also upper thighs and boobs. None on my tummy weirdly. And I was HUGE. Freakishly MASSIVE.

Mol1628 Sat 25-Feb-17 06:31:23

Didn't get a single one with first child. Second child they all appeared in the last week. Tummy, hips, thighs, back of knees.

They're pretty much invisible now though thankfully.

bigbuttons Sat 25-Feb-17 08:32:02

Luckily none even with 6 pregnancies and me being tiny and the babies being big.
I do beleive it's sheer luck, however, I am glad for it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now