Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is this normal pain? 23weeks pregnant

(9 Posts)
WellieWanger Thu 23-Feb-17 07:44:03

Sorry, I know the consensus will probably be 'call the midwife' but I haven't had the best experiences in my last pregnancy and in this one with them. I also don't know if this is common for others and I just didn't have it with DC1.
I have Pgp and had it with DC1 and it's nothing like that pain and in the wrong place.
It's in my back, like below where your ribs stop and down. It's a bit like cramping in your back? A really sharp ache even lying. It made it really hard to sleep last night because it was so painful. Woke in the night with it too and still have it now. Was getting pain in my lower bump too last night but fine now. Baby was very active last night and I could feel him rolling around so perhaps he is just in funny positions? Doesn't feel like wind although I do feel like I could trump tmi sorry.
Started with indigestion last night too-could it just be related somehow? Thank you

ilovetosleep Thu 23-Feb-17 07:55:20

Yes you should call the midwife but could you be constipated? All my various back pain/spd/pgp pains are ten times worse when I'm constipated...

ilovetosleep Thu 23-Feb-17 07:56:09

Or uti? Could explain the lower bump pain and back pain could be kidneys? Do get checked out!

Jenniferb21 Thu 23-Feb-17 07:59:29

Hi

When I had pgp I had it in my back too but I would say just above my bum rather than under my ribs. It felt pretty much all around my middle but back ache itself can be a very common and horrific symptom ornate pregnancy maybe you just didn't get it in your first one?

If it's quite a sharp/bad pain I would get checked out with your midwife they may want to do some tests/checks

Hope you feel better soon
X

WellieWanger Thu 23-Feb-17 08:05:10

Thanks to respond. I wouldn't know if I was constipated really as not something I have suffered but i went to the loo night before last (normal for me to be every other day) so don't think so. Midwives have been less than helpful in my experience; when I rang triage for advice during pregnancy 1, was asked by a very exasperated midwife when I told her my symptoms '*heavy sigh* sorry have you been googling symptoms or something?' She reluctantly told me to come in if I felt I should. Turns out I was really anaemic but she made me feel so shit and subsequent encounters have really made me reluctant to ask for advice. Will get DC1 to nursery and muster up the courage to call.

WellieWanger Thu 23-Feb-17 08:08:18

Xposted jennifer. Thanks for advice. Will take a sample and call midwife. Definitely didn't have this sort of pain first time round. But I do feel I am carrying this one differently so may be why.

WellieWanger Thu 23-Feb-17 08:09:24

Feels loads better if I get into downward dog actually

AreWeThereYet000 Thu 23-Feb-17 15:47:47

I suffer from UTI's and this is the type of pain I have when I have the urine infection. You could see your GP if you don't want to contact midwife unit x

Jenniferb21 Thu 23-Feb-17 23:09:01

Don't let anyone regardless of their profession make you feel worried or anxious about checking

You can't be too cautious with pregnancy and it's much better to worry about nothing than dismiss something serious. Silly midwife.

X X Hope all is well xxxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now