Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Emotions all over the place

(8 Posts)
TheWorldAccordingToToads Thu 23-Feb-17 00:38:24

I found out I was pregnant earlier and my emotions are all over the place. I have had someone on here assure me that this is normal already but I seem to be going from one extreme to the other.

About an hour ago I was giddy with excitement and then less than half an hour later I was crying and suddenly feeling very vulnerable. Now I'm excited again and want to open my door right now and scream that I'm pregnant blush

I haven't told DP yet as he's not here right now and I want to tell him in person but right now I'm finding it so incredibly hard to not pick up the phone and call him right now. It's taking an amazing amount of self restraint that I never even knew I had.

No doubt in another half an hour I will be crying and panicking again blush

TheWorldAccordingToToads Thu 23-Feb-17 01:17:39

How do I even know if I will be a good mum? How will I even know what I'm doing? I don't know anything about babies.

ymmv Thu 23-Feb-17 09:55:34

You'll be fine. Your baby will be fine. Most people know fuck all (pregnant me included). You've got some time to learn some stuff. smile

It's such a change your emotions will be all over the place. I'm pretty sure I was in shock even tho I knew really before testing. And my OH was more surprised. Hope you get to tell him soon and then you can process it together. cake

ColourfulOrangex Thu 23-Feb-17 16:03:19

One way you know you will be a good mum is because you are already worrying about it, be prepared for this to last forever and to always doubt yourself but know that your baby will think you are amazing even when you doubt yourself!

I think it's normal to have conflicting emotions even when babies are planned for years I think it can still be a mixture of emotions when it finally happens. (I haven't actually been through that but my friend has)

I'm sure you will feel a lot better once you have shared it with DP

Congratulations flowers

Ponocky Thu 23-Feb-17 16:38:52

Congratulations and welcome to pregnancy! You're in for an emotional rollercoaster but you will be ok.

I personally found the first trimester the most emotionally charged. I was like a teenager all over again. Happy one minute, weepy the next, raging angry over the littlest things and freaking out every other day. It was like an out of body experience - I knew I was behaving daft but couldn't do a thing to stop it! lol

I also know nothing about what babies need or how to be a good mum but I've been reading books, getting tips from other mums and paying attention at my antenatal classes. If you do the same it'll give you the confidence to know you've got this! Every new mum learns as they go and the baby is always fine smile

Enjoy giving your husband the good news tonight! Have some tissues on hand in case you need them wink

HN42 Thu 23-Feb-17 18:10:02

Emotions being all over the place is so normal. I have found myself in the loo at work several times crying my eyes out for no reason, it just happens. Naturally a ton of stuff will be going through your mind right now but you just need time to get your head round it and I'm sure if you do plenty of preparation before baby arrives you'll be a great mum!

TheWorldAccordingToToads Sat 25-Feb-17 00:49:28

Told DP and whilst he was shocked at first because we certainly were not TTC, he is now over the moon grin

ColourfulOrangex Sat 25-Feb-17 07:52:06

Yay congratulations OP flowerscake

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now