Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Just for fun....

(16 Posts)
user68753367 Wed 22-Feb-17 19:36:48

Hey pregnant ladies and maybe new mummies hope your all doing wellsmile just wondering on cravings or body changes people experienced while having a boy or girl ? I'm not finding out and would love to hear what people had or went through xxxx

123happymummy Wed 22-Feb-17 19:54:50

Hmmm on our 1st we didnt find out so we were none the wiser...i was sooooo sick i didnt eat anythin at the begining but wen i was feelin ok i had cravings for onion ring crisps, tomatoes & crusty bread lol i couldnt stand chinese take away the smell make me feel sick! Or spaghetti bolognese. Then we had a beautiful baby boy. Now im 28 wks pg with baby#2 & although i was sick at the begining im fine now & enjoy all foods but crave sweet things, love bit pink lady apples...which wen u read up usually means ur havin a girl. Were not were havin another boy according to scan hehe. So diff pregnancies with same sex babies...go figure!! hmm

ExpectoPatronummmm Wed 22-Feb-17 20:35:47

With my boy I craved vegetables (even had a bowl of Brussels sprouts at 3am one time)
I was skinny with a neat bump.

I have a daughter and I'm pregnant with our third (another daughter)
Cravings have been fatty crappy sugary foods. I'm fat and uncomfortable.
I have extremely bad heartburn and indigestion and sometimes bad constipation :-(

So the boy was a breeze, the girls not.

jmariehac Wed 22-Feb-17 21:05:03

Woth my first a girl was fresh orange and lemon date and clean washing smell when wet haha..my boy was mcdonalds chips loads of salt on and coffee. ..this time I feel off coffee and not far enough for cravings just yet although last 3 days I have had to have curry and chips for the chip shop xx

TheTartOfAsgard Wed 22-Feb-17 21:06:03

Salty for my boys, sweet for my girl.

babyunicornvomit Wed 22-Feb-17 21:15:45

17 weeks pregnant with my first - just found out its a girl. Very tired and been nauseous up until now but hardly sick at all. Craving carbs like crumpets and toast, can't stand a lot of fruits and veggies which is weird - never been a big carb person and always liked my fruits and veggies. Also had bad back pain and pressure between my hips smile

AreWeThereYet000 Wed 22-Feb-17 21:21:32

First was a boy - same as PP I went of bolegnese and really tomato-y sauces, this time round I'm having a girl (when she decides to make an appearance, I was due Monday!) and I've craved fresh orange juice x

user68753367 Wed 22-Feb-17 21:22:15

Oh Thea sound familiar I've been craving sweeter things and I've gone of spag Bol, onions and anything really meaty I can't stop drinking orange juice and I looooove red apples! And yogurt haha thanks for some of these TBH I think I'm having a girl

user68753367 Wed 22-Feb-17 21:23:17

Yeah I'm very tired also ! To the extreme haha

BillyButtfuck Wed 22-Feb-17 21:24:22

Twin boys - I craved food, all food! Sugary, salty, food!!!!!!
A particular favourite was French fancies (the pink ones in particular) dipped in guacamole.

user68753367 Wed 22-Feb-17 21:30:48

It's funny you should say that j ate a full packet on Valentine's Day haha the pink ones also

user68753367 Wed 22-Feb-17 21:31:14

Everyday it's something different but I know what not to eat now because of heartburn

thenewaveragebear1983 Wed 22-Feb-17 21:32:04

With my boys I looked amazing (like a post orgasmic Swedish tennis player, according to dh) but felt awful, exhausted, all the way through. With my dd I looked horrific, bags under eyes, greasy hair, acne etc but I felt fabulous, really healthy and full of beans.

Girl- carried all over (ass and face especially), craved sweets, and mint ice cream
Boys- carried all at the front like a beach ball under my dress, craved beetroot in vinegar with ds 1 and cheese toasted with bbq sauce with ds2. Apparently craving vinegar is a sign of vitamin and mineral deficit which wouldn't surprise me as I was desperately sick for the first 4-5 months with both boys.

user68753367 Wed 22-Feb-17 22:17:24

Well I've had awful skin and I'm using my usual hair stuff that makes it shiny and healthy but lately it looks so dull !
My thighs and bottom are gaining most of the weight my DP loves how I looks says he's never seen anyone so sexy haha I don't know if he means it or is trying to make me feel less of a whale than I do haha grin

Dogsmom Wed 22-Feb-17 22:37:13

First pregnancy I craved full fat coke and gained 4 stones by drinking so much of it and any other sweet thing I could get my hands on, went totally off curry, not much morning sickness and felt pretty normal throughout, apart from a bump I didn't feel much different. I had a girl.

2nd pregnancy was polar opposite, I hated sweet stuff and just wanted meat and savoury things, awful debilitating morning sickness and soooo tired. Had another girl. smile

haveacupoftea Thu 23-Feb-17 00:41:04

26 weeks with a boy and I have craved citrus throughout. To a lesser extent now but for a while all I wanted to eat was oranges and lemons.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now