Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

33+4 weeks contractions

(3 Posts)
babynelly2010 Wed 22-Feb-17 18:53:37

For the past two days I had frequent tightening, they do hurt in my back and stomach. Today I saw mw and told her about this. She said probably BH but they should not hurt, mine do. She said call labour ward if it happens again.
So I slowed down today and so far had contractions with 5 minutes, 13 minutes, 7 minutes. 10 & 12 minutes in between, so irregular but slightly painful. Should I call ward, I feel ridiculous to do that but then I don't know.
Kist had another one 7 minutes apart... sad

McBaby Wed 22-Feb-17 19:28:06

Phone and go in likely to be nothing but best to get it checked you out and give you reassurance.

I have had an irritable uterus in my last two pregnancies where I have regular contractions for up to 48 hours at a time (and for the last 4 weeks continuously).

DontStopMovin Wed 22-Feb-17 19:29:09

Definitely call the labour ward. They absolutely won't mind and it's best to get it checked out. My waters broke at 33 weeks, at first I was worried I'd make a fool of myself and find out I'd just peed myself, but they were amazing on the ward. It genuinely was my waters and they were able to give me some drugs to hold off DS and steroids to strengthen him before he made his arrival at 34 weeks. If it is the start of something then it's best to get it checked earlier so they can intervene if needed, you absolutely won't look stupid!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now