Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

35 week growth scan

(5 Posts)
user1487776842 Wed 22-Feb-17 16:01:31

hiiii,
Hoping someone can help,
Basically i went for my 34 week appointment with my midwife and found out i had only grown 1cm in 2 weeks and dropped slightly on my chart. Because of this she booked me in for a growth scan. I had the scan yesterday at 35+2 and she is measuring in at around 33 weeks (5lbs1)
Its my 3rd baby other 2 were fairly big at birth so we were expecting the same with this one.
According to the chart she is right on the lower line on my chart (10th centile)
Anyone else been this close to the line? and baby decided to pile on the pounds over the last few weeks or did you end up having to be induced?
I cant see my midwife until next tuesday and havent got another scan now for 2 weeks
Trying to stay positive but its easier said than done!

I will attach a copy of my chart to see what you think smile

Thanks

[IMG]http://i68.tinypic.com/149xufc.jpg[/IMG]

SquedgieBeckenheim Wed 22-Feb-17 16:06:48

My only experience of this is having a growth scan at 34 weeks where DD measured on the 5th centile, I was induced at 35 weeks due to pre-eclampsia which was the reason for the growth restriction (had been having symptoms of pre-eclampsia for 2 weeks before).
They have to leave it 2 weeks minimum between growth scans apparently. And I have been told multiple times this pregnancy that anything 10th to the 90th centiles are still considered "normal".
Keep an eye on movements, and get straight to the hospital if they slow down.
Keeping everything crossed for good news in 2 weeks time! I sympathise with the worrying, I have spent this entire pregnancy worrying about something!

user1487776842 Wed 22-Feb-17 16:13:47

I haven't had any signs of pre eclampsia but I do have fairly low blood pressure, not so much that anyone has ever blinked an eye at it though so not sure if maybe that may have something to do with it? I hate having to wait 2 weeks, I've gotten this far without any problems I just want all my answers now haha. If my midwife wasn't on annual leave this week I'd go see her but that's a no go! I'm hoping she just gains weight over the next week or so and go up the chart so I can stick to my original birth plan envy just trying to not get my hopes up because she is dead on the 10th centile line now and isn't gaining a lot. My whole belly is only measuring at 33 so I'm not sure what's going on... They didn't tell me much if anything at the scan.confused

NutellaCookie Wed 22-Feb-17 16:19:36

My DD was on the 10th centile. I had regular growth scans between 28 and 36 weeks. From 36 weeks I was monitored twice weekly, had doppler scan and a growth scan. Whilst she did grow, she didn't get above 10th centile and at the last growth scan at 38 +1 they said she had dropped below the line and decided to induce me the next day.

DD was born weighing 5lb.12oz (they had estimated 5lb 5oz). She was perfectly healthy and we were home the same day. She is 10 weeks old and steadily gaining weight (around half a pound a week). Just a bit smaller than children of the same age, but in the 'normal' range.

I know its easier said than done, but please try not to worry. The monitoring is just a precaution. As a PP said keep an eye on movements. Babies do tend to pile on the weight in the last 4 weeks.

user1487776842 Wed 22-Feb-17 16:35:07

I was close to the 50th centile line up until the last few weeks it was only 3 weeks ago she told me I wouldn't need any more scans cos she was doing so well... movements are still regular and strong at the moment it's just size that seems to be the issue. Really hoping I don't go under the 10th centil!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now