Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

When did you feel the 1st flutterings ?

(15 Posts)
lilyborderterrier Wed 22-Feb-17 15:05:13

So I'm pregnant with my 2nd and according to my calculations I'm 12.6 days pregnant ( we were trying and testing dates etc so I thought I was pretty precise on dates!
But last night I definitely felt my baby moving inside me shock for ages, my bump is huge and I'm struggling to hide it before tomorrow when I have my 1st scan !!!
I'm now thinking maybe I've messed my dates up and I'm further along than I thought.

Any thoughts ? Or can you really feel the baby move this early ? I wasn't even this big with my 1st at 6 months,I know I'm older and sagging but ? I'm counting the hours down until 1.30 Thursday when I can see and find out !!!

INeedNewShoes Wed 22-Feb-17 15:07:44

The 'bump' could be bloating.

If what you felt was definitely baby moving I would say you must be further along than 12 weeks. I think they say the earliest flutters can sometimes be felt from 14 weeks but for most women it's quite a bit later even than that.

princessbananahammock252 Wed 22-Feb-17 15:31:32

Every expectant mum and pregnancy is different. I've read and have been told that second time mums can feel movements earlier and the bump can be bigger sooner!

ColourfulOrangex Wed 22-Feb-17 15:41:57

This is my second pregnancy and like the first my bump is tiny (I hardly show) I felt fluttering with this one around 17 weeks and last night I felt the first kick at 18+6...I definitely think all pregnancies are different and we experience things at different times, I'm not sure if 12 weeks would be too early, are there any twins in your family? Could be 2 hiding in there which would explain a bigger bump

savagehk Wed 22-Feb-17 15:44:42

Take it you meant weeks? I am pregnant with my second and felt movement before 12 weeks, which was quite alarming but apparently it can happen. (I thought twins too as colourful suspects but luckily only one!) My first had an anterior placenta so no movements till past 20 weeks so it was quite a surprise to feel things so early.

AyeAmarok Wed 22-Feb-17 15:47:31

Do you mean 12 weeks, rather than days?

lilyborderterrier Wed 22-Feb-17 16:12:19

Yes sorry I'm 12 weeks nearly 13 weeks, or I so I thought but I'm think i may be further along. Yes it was definitely baby moving and oh god o hope it's not twins confused!!!
Will let you know tomorrow after the scan shock

ColourfulOrangex Thu 23-Feb-17 15:33:07

How did your scan go OP just 1 baby in there? wink hope everything was well

lilyborderterrier Thu 23-Feb-17 15:44:41

Hi yes thankfully there's just 1 healthy baby in me ! Phew, annoyingly they've discovered I've got a massive fibroid on my uterus shock which explains why I'm so big at 13 weeks. But the baby is fine and healthy 😍

savagehk Thu 23-Feb-17 15:45:53

Phew! And what did they date you?

ColourfulOrangex Thu 23-Feb-17 15:55:16

Aww I'm glad everything is oki with baby flowers

ineedcoffeecoffeecoffee Thu 23-Feb-17 17:09:42

I'm on my second and I felt the first flutters and tickles at 11 weeks this time around. It was consistent too. They then turned into proper kicks at 16 weeks. And congratulations

lilyborderterrier Thu 23-Feb-17 19:46:52

Thank you bang on 13 weeks as I thought. X

123happymummy Sat 25-Feb-17 09:08:39

I agree all expectant mothers are different & feel flutters & movements at different times. Im now 28 weeks with my 2nd & i didnt feel anythin until i was about 20 weeks coz i was panicin...then had 2nd scan & my placenta is in the front cusioning movements. You could b further along but you can get bloatin early...unfortunately you wont know until scan...good luck star

123happymummy Sat 25-Feb-17 09:09:46

Haha sorry read the last post after postin mine...amazin news!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now