Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Copper Coil, Missed Period but negative pregnancy test

(8 Posts)
marvelmummy13 Wed 22-Feb-17 11:50:25

I was wondering if anyone has recently had any issues. sorry if its TMI but I wanted to explain why I am worried

I had the Copper coil inserted about 3 years ago. Before the copper coil I had light periods lasting 3-4 days however since it was inserted I have very painful ovulation and period pains and I last usually 5-7 days and changing towels and tampons every hour. I was due on my period on the 4th February and on the 8th I started to have a little spotting. Literally over 2 days there was slight spotting hardly noticeable and then it stopped. I've had nothing since. No pain nothing.

Ive never missed a period apart from when I was pregnant with my daughter and I knew immediately I was pregnant from before I was even due on. And when I look back I had a severe cold about 3 weeks in. I feel nauseated headaches and Im currently off work with a very bad cold everything I had with my little girl. But and heres the big BUT the pregnancy tests are all negative!!! (All 5 took the last one on the 20th feb) I had hormone blood tests done on Friday 17th Feb and my thyroid and glucose are fine. The doctors said its stress but I have never missed a period and I've been relatively calm compared to most of my life !!!

I'm driving myself mad. I know if I'm pregnant I would want to keep the baby but we wouldn't be able to afford it. We're just managing to get ourselves out of debt and I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and maybe one day be able to buy a house. I know it would destroy my partner. He's the most loving supportive excellent daddy in the world He does everything for our little girl and I wouldn't want to put him in that position because I know he would do what I would want to do and keep it to himself. I don't really want any more children but I am a massive believer in fate and after losing a baby already I don't think I could have an abortion because of the emotional impact. I know it's all 'what if' and i could just come on next month but I'm terrified

marvelmummy13 Wed 22-Feb-17 11:51:00

Oh and the doctor checked the coil and can see the strings

marvelmummy13 Wed 22-Feb-17 19:48:26

Anyone Im going insane being having dizzy spells all day =[

marvelmummy13 Wed 22-Feb-17 22:05:48

And i meant to write don't really know if I want anymore I'm so conflicted Id love another but money issues etc.. jeepers Im rambling

marvelmummy13 Thu 23-Feb-17 18:32:13

19 days late and began spotting late this afternoon . Migraines all week. We'll see if this is the real deal this time

Whenwillsummerbehere Sun 30-Jul-17 19:09:09

Can I ask how this turned our? Were you pregnant?

MarvelMummy13 Sun 30-Jul-17 19:30:10

No I wasnt I missed an entire period but not pregnant . I put it down to being a little run down and poorly but I was also late for the following 2 periods I think it may have been my body telling me to slow down . I had bloods abd they were all clear .

Whenwillsummerbehere Sun 30-Jul-17 19:49:49

Thank you for getting back to me! Glad all was well smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now