Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Looking for advice

(8 Posts)
YummyMummy1991 Tue 21-Feb-17 20:52:59

Hi, I was looking for advice.

I had a colposcopy and treatment to remove CIN 3 cells in February 2015, had a loop excision which is were they take off the layer of the cervix with an electrical current under local aesthetic.
I had a follow up smear in August 2015 which was normal and I've got to get a check ups every 6-12 months.
I've been with my partner for nearly 2 years and we would like kids in the near future, as I've already got a daughter and we like a child of his own.
Would I go to my doctors to ask if can get checked out to see if I can have kids?x

Jojo13 Tue 21-Feb-17 21:36:27

I wasn't aware this had any bearing on whether you can/can not have kids?
I had the exact same treatment around 6 years ago, I've conceived twice very easily and have one healthy boy and another baby due in 2 weeks. It never even entered my head that it could have caused an issue?

YummyMummy1991 Tue 21-Feb-17 23:26:44

Jojo13,
I've been reading some stories on here and about the same experience I've gone through and they say the same. Just my mind wonders and gets me thinking too much. Just thought I would ask this advice as it is a very delicate area specially near or on the womb.

Jojo13 Wed 22-Feb-17 06:44:30

I guess it's worth looking into and checking out to be sure To put your mind at rest, I'm certainly no expert! Hope all goes well x

Blueroses99 Wed 22-Feb-17 07:18:30

Once pregnant, you'll probably have your cervical length checked as it is shorter after such procedures. There is a short cervix club on the antenatal thread, you can find out more there. AFAIK there is no reason why you can't get pregnant after the procedure.

YummyMummy1991 Sun 26-Feb-17 13:32:12

Thank you for your advice Jojo13 and Blueroses99 xx

boodles101 Sun 26-Feb-17 14:15:06

I had the same procedure in Oct 2015 and got pregnant the following April, baby is now 6 weeks old. It didn't cause me any issues with fertility. I had an extra appointment with the consultant about 20 weeks pregnant who took one look at my notes and said there were no issues so he signed me back to midwife care. I didn't have a scan to check the length of my cervix.
I also read that this procedure can cause premature labour, but I went overdue by 8 days so don't panic of u read that anywhere too. Hope that helps.

Blueroses99 Sun 26-Feb-17 16:24:13

Boodles you're lucky. In my experience making decisions without checking cervical length is irresponsible. I would love cervical length checks to be routine at 20 weeks. In the vast majority of cases there will be no issue but if it saves just one baby it'll be worth it (it would have saved mine).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now