Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Reduced feral movements

(7 Posts)
Sunnie1984 Tue 21-Feb-17 20:19:47

Has anyone been induced early after reduced fetal movements?

I've had three episodes, CTG fine all three times.

Got an ultrasound and. Insulting appointment tomorrow and I want to be induced at 37 weeks to be on the safe side.

Would love to hear other people's stories

Thanks

choccybiscuit Tue 21-Feb-17 20:36:37

I went in with reduced fetal movement and had a c section within an hour.

Sunnie1984 Tue 21-Feb-17 20:42:55

How many weeks pregnant were you?

I assume the investigations they did were not reassuring? X

Sunnie1984 Tue 21-Feb-17 20:44:09

How many weeks pregnant were you?

I assume the investigations they did were not reassuring? X

mistermagpie Tue 21-Feb-17 20:58:10

Not me, although I did have reduced feral movements three times in my last pregnancy but all before 35 weeks, but a friend went in for the third time with RFM at 39 weeks, all was well with her and baby but they induced her anyway because it was hospital policy apparently.

YouMeddlingKids Tue 21-Feb-17 20:59:19

Because I was due a c section the earliest they'd do it was 39 weeks, but I went in every other day for monitoring before that (and more often than that when I needed to). Inductions I think are approved from 37 weeks so more chance of getting it brought. Forward I think. Good luck!

Rubberubberduckduck Tue 21-Feb-17 22:00:26

Yes me - was monitored from 36 weeks to 39 weeks every 2 days. I was induced at 39+2 when they realised she was breech (after contractions had bloody well kicked in). I had an emergency section and she was tiny. They had measured her as being much bigger however I had a ridiculous amount of water going on.

If I had my chance over I'd have left her in there to grow more, she's 3 months now but had a bit of a tough start which I believe was because she wasn't ready to come out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now