Talk

Advanced search

Too much spit!!

(6 Posts)
GlennRheeismyfavourite Tue 21-Feb-17 19:55:43

I'm producing so much saliva at the moment; my mouth tastes horrible and I'm swallowing all the time. I already feel horrendously sick every evening. Does anyone know anything I can do to make this better? I can't keep drinking constantly!

Scotmum83 Tue 21-Feb-17 21:17:33

I had this earlier in my pregnancy, I was drooling from the corners of my mouth it was awful. It didn't last long though think it coincides with a big hormonal change. Fingers crossed yours doesn't last long.

marciagetscreamed Tue 21-Feb-17 21:31:17

I had this, it was very embarrassing.
I've no advice, sorry.

The joys of pregnancy...... saliva, vaginal discharge and bleeding gums... it's a very glamorous time of life.

It will pass though, don't worry.

Notyetthere Tue 21-Feb-17 22:10:50

I used to go to the loo about 20 times to spit, en at work during 1st trimester. I found that nibbling on sunflowers seeds helped. It was horrible. It went away at about 13wks. I now only get it when heartburn is about to kick in. I'm currently 21wks

Notyetthere Tue 21-Feb-17 22:12:54

Also salty food helped. Salt absorbs moisture. I ate pork scratchings grin just to get me through those weeks. I also found that after the salty food I drank more water which really helped.

fezzik1 Wed 22-Feb-17 01:46:36

I had this as well! Pretty horrible, sollowing made me feel so sick..... I kept tissues on me when I went out, and a cup to spit into whilst in the house so I didn't need to keep going to the sink.... Nasty I know but it helped.
Started around week 6 or 7, and mostly stopped around week 14. My doc said to try sucking lemon sweets, but that didn't work for me tbh. I'm 18 weeks now and still have it a little but no where near as bad as it was!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now