Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

6 weeks pregnant no symptoms need positive stories

(25 Posts)
Corrinax Tue 21-Feb-17 18:09:37

Hey so i had a mmc aug 2016 at 9 week scan was messauring 7+4 now i am 6+2 but i have no symptoms at all, i think maybe sore nips if i pinch them so im not sure if its just from my pinch blush with mmc i felt nausea but i feel no different i feel absolutly fine, just need some reasurance that people have gone on to have successful pregnancy even with no symptoms at this stage? Wont give me an early scan either but im too scared to even go if i was offered one

wonderwoof Tue 21-Feb-17 18:13:17

I had no symptoms with DD2 until I threw up at about 9 weeks. Even then that was a fairly isolated incident. I didn't know I was pregnant until then as I was still bf DD1 Sony periods weren't really back.

With DD1 I was similar though I threw up a few days after my missed period.

I know it is hard, because t try not to worry. I don't think a lack of symptoms means much. Good luck!

Burntbum Tue 21-Feb-17 18:13:40

Yes I have! I had no symptoms at all and slow rising HCG. I was told it was a non-viable pregnancy and I believed them as had lost four other pregnancies. He is now six and running me ragged smile Pregnancy after a loss is so nerve wracking. I hope the next few weeks fly by and all goes well for you.

ZippyNeedsFeeding Tue 21-Feb-17 18:14:34

My last pregnancy had no symptoms at all early on- no sickness, the usual(for me) rise in BP was absent and I only actually found out I was pregnant at 10 weeks because I found an unused test and thought I might as well use it to save wasting it. I wasn't supposed to be able to get pregnant without medical help (and I'd previously had several miscarriages).
He's five now. I hope all goes well for you. Pregnancies really are different every time- I've had everything from violent vomiting to no symptoms at all.

Chinnygirl Tue 21-Feb-17 18:16:30

I had plenty of symptoms with my miscarriages so I don't think it is linked to how succesful the pregnancy is. Hope you get a nice heartbeat on the scan.

Sipperskipper Tue 21-Feb-17 18:18:57

I've had no symptoms with this pregnacy up until about a month ago (I'm 30 weeks pregnant!). Only just started really showing and feeling anything, and feeling tired. No morning sickness or anything.

Good luck with your pregnancy xx

Gingerbreadmam Tue 21-Feb-17 18:20:43

im 10+4 with two good scans under my belt.

nackered on a night. had about 3 weeks of feeling a bit sick and weeing loads but no major symptoms really. The tiredness is probably the most noticeable.

Symptoms dont usually start until around 6 weeks so i wouldnt worry.

GreedyDuck Tue 21-Feb-17 18:23:16

I had a mmc in 2013, no symptoms really. Then got pregnant again in 2014 and also had no symptoms at all, no morning sickness etc. My dd is now a boisterous toddler. It is nervewracking after a loss, but no symptoms is not a reliable indicator at this early stage. Could you ask for a scan at your local EPU at about 7/8 weeks for reassurance.

I had another mmc at Christmas and am now 4+2, they assured me that they would be happy to scan me at 7 weeks if I conceived again so might be worth a try.

Corrinax Tue 21-Feb-17 18:29:42

Thanks girls and congrats with ur pregnancys smile my midwife said they dnt do early scans unless u hav had 3 mcs in a row but havnt tried the epu yet im too scared to even ring them incase they give me one n then il have to find out, i feel like atm what i dnt know cnt hurt me although im going crazy but im trying to take it 1 day at a time! I hav headaches n had a few dreams the past few nights not sure if thats got anything to do with pregnancy either. See the midwife next week for 1st appointment

mummabubs Tue 21-Feb-17 18:34:05

I'm 8 weeks today and until a couple of days ago no symptoms whatsoever (and even now it's hardly major signs!) I had to have an early scan last week due to bleeding but all was fine, baby and heartbeat there so don't feel that no signs means nothing's happening! Xx

measles64 Tue 21-Feb-17 18:36:00

I had no idea I was pregnant until my BIL said as I walked in front of him, "Are you pregnant because you have spread out from behind." I laughed said no and then had a think about it so did a pregnancy test, lo and behold I was and 16 weeks at that. No symptoms at all. This was my second pregnancy in two years, so different from the first one.

Gingerbreadmam Tue 21-Feb-17 18:46:29

vivid dreams deffos a symptom. mine were so vivid i didnt know what was real and a dream.

ive had a mmc and stillbirth. there's a great thread called pregnant after mc if you want to join us on there?lots of us in the first trimester on there.

i am like you with scans but bled so had to have two.

Corrinax Tue 21-Feb-17 19:05:11

Thanks for yoru reply, and also sorry about ur loses

Gow do u find the thred please? Sorry am new to this today grin

TestingTestingWonTooFree Tue 21-Feb-17 19:20:33

I don't get pregnancy symptoms in the first 20 weeks and it's not a problem. Hope it's not for you either.

Gingerbreadmam Tue 21-Feb-17 20:18:39

if u go onto topics and becoming a parent then antenatal clubs i think it will be in there.

Gingerbreadmam Tue 21-Feb-17 20:21:11

hope this works

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/pregnancy/2833968-Staying-posifrickentive-Thread-14-for-ladies-pg-after-mc

Lotsofqueries Tue 21-Feb-17 20:25:51

First pregnancy I got morning sickness at 6 weeks! And really sore chest. This time round I had nothing. I told my mum and dad about the positive test but not to get excited because I had no symptoms. By about 12 weeks I started to feel very different. Had a boy first time.. Does it mean a girl this time? I dunno. But hang in there. I'm 32 weeks now.

Bangkokbaby Tue 21-Feb-17 20:28:37

I had virtually no symptoms until my 12 week scan. I felt a little queasy but nothing out of the ordinary. I was quite worried at the first scan.
The sonographer asked me how I was feeling and I looked at her in a panic thinking something was wrong, nope it was because it was twins!

MrsGB2225 Tue 21-Feb-17 20:31:03

I didn't get any symptoms until I was 8/9 weeks. I remember smugly saying to DH that I don't know what all the fuss was about blush

MamaHanji Tue 21-Feb-17 20:41:02

I didn't have any symptoms until 7-8 weeks both times. And I personally know quite a few people that didn't get any until much later on! One only found out at 20 weeks when she felt kicking. Early symptoms aren't an indication of a viable pregnancy. Try not to stress xx

Charlieislovely Tue 21-Feb-17 20:45:07

Hiya, please don't stress, so many of us don't get many symptoms. I had none at all and found it so hard waiting for the 12 week scan. Someone said to me with regards to baby 'no news is good news' so unless you start bleeding just try to relax and enjoy this time xxx

Corrinax Tue 21-Feb-17 20:53:54

Thank u xx

thefraggleontherock Tue 21-Feb-17 20:55:50

I was horrendously sick all the way through with DS1&2. I also had a miscarriage at 8 weeks in between and I was really sick then too.

Currently 39weeks pg with DS3 and I've had no sickness at all. Barely even any nausea!

I was really worried at my 12 week scan but everything was fine, my midwife said sometimes the hormones just affect people differently in different pregnancies.

flowers for you OP I know how stressful it is but there's every chance that everything is just fine.

joannegrady90 Tue 21-Feb-17 20:55:59

I had no symptoms until I was about 11 weeks, even then just some light nausea. DD is now 8 😊

creaser Tue 21-Feb-17 21:00:06

This was me at 6 weeks nothing at all and I was sat on the internet researching if you could be pregnant with no symptoms at all. Fast forward 2 weeks and the morning sickness started sure everything is fine but you can request an early scan if your anxious confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now