Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bloating in early pregnancy

(4 Posts)
Tigger83 Tue 21-Feb-17 17:14:18

Hi can anyone help advise sympathise?! I'm 4 weeks pregnant but I am so bloated I've gone up a dress size but only put on 1lb! I'm eating a little bit more but not enough to lead to this!!

I know bloatings a part of pregnancy but it's embarrassing I look about 4 months pregnant.

Any advice?

Do you think it could be twins?!

Help lol!!!

HN42 Tue 21-Feb-17 18:18:01

Bloating is pretty normal at 4 weeks, my digestive system went a bit mad for a few weeks, however it didn't make any difference to my waistline but it does calm down eventually (oh and I am pregnant with twins).

Certain foods may aggravate it, I avoided things like baked beans, lots of veg etc, also try avoiding fizzy drinks as they can make you bloated. Maybe try and see if you can find any pattern to it in relation to what you are eating. Also try and eat plenty of fibre as constipation can become a problem and that can cause even more problems with bloating and trapped wind.

mummabubs Tue 21-Feb-17 18:35:34

I'm 8 weeks and so bloated I've gone to only wearing leggings as I can't do my jeans up! 😂

Charlieislovely Tue 21-Feb-17 20:51:30

Peppermint tea! I was so bloated it actually hurt come night time. Def try the tea, it worked wonders for me.. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now