Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Who else is hungry 24/7? 23 weeks and cannot stop eating.

(13 Posts)
Charlieislovely Tue 21-Feb-17 13:43:50

I am feeling so guilty, mainly because the only food I want is not healthy. Lots of bread, lots of cheese, chocolate biscuits.

A friend told me to drink more as sometimes we mistake dehydration for hunger?

Anyway, hoping I'm not the only pregnant lady getting bigger by the second...

ExpectoPatronummmm Tue 21-Feb-17 15:01:05

I was the same
It stopped around 25-28 weeks
Now I can barely eat without the horror of heartburn and indigestion

MumBeth Tue 21-Feb-17 15:29:47

I'm the same, 17+5, craving pastries like crazy. I find that I can keep the cravings at bay to some extent with a glass of milk. I'm not getting bigger (apart from the bump) yet but worried I'm going to if this continues!

sparkle789 Tue 21-Feb-17 15:32:12

I'm 20 weeks and am eating everything! I think I need to drink more but I still struggle to keep drinks down.

toomuchtimereadingthreads2016 Tue 21-Feb-17 16:18:20

Only started this week for me (22 tomorrow)... dont mind whether it is healthy or not, cereal, fruit, toast, bread sticks, yogurt... anything will do as long as I am easting! Was happy yday because at midwife appt had only put on 2kg since Oct. (I had quite a bit to spare!)... can see that having changed when I see her in a month!

emvy Tue 21-Feb-17 17:11:22

I went for my first doctor's appointment today after finding out I'm pregnant - he told me to eat whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted! Thankfully, because I'm exactly the same and cannot stop stuffing my face full of rubbish! He actually said that foods high in fat like milk, cheese and ice cream are foods I should be reaching for - let's make the most of it while we can ladies!

Charlieislovely Tue 21-Feb-17 20:50:30

It's just so hard to avoid all the bad stuff! I've had chocolate morning noon and night today. Wahhhhhhh!

HN42 Tue 21-Feb-17 20:52:25

I'm 15 weeks with twins and I spend nearly all day eating, and eating makes me more hungry half the time. I'm also the same with wanting unhealthy stuff, as the nausea has more or less stopped my body just wants all the things I couldn't eat while feeling sick 24/7 like chocolate, cake, ice cream, doughnuts. My midwife told me I shouldn't eat sugary foods as I'll get gestational diabetes but its impossible to resist sugar for 9 months!

emvy Tue 21-Feb-17 21:07:30

HN42 it's certainly impossible to avoid in entirety so maybe try sticking to food with natural sugars rather than refined sugars when you really feel you need a little boost? Otherwise, crisps and carbs all the way??

Charlieislovely Tue 21-Feb-17 21:50:15

I agree with emvy, although I'd much rather a large bar of galaxy than an apple :|

Whats not too stodgy that isn't fruit or nuts and tastes sweet?

haveacupoftea Tue 21-Feb-17 21:59:41

Oh just be careful because if you get GD the fun stops and you find yourself having to be very strict confused

Elkalv Tue 21-Feb-17 23:07:27

Mmmm I eat croissant with cheese right now , my butt is 5 sm bigger already and I am only 17 weeks.

PassiveAgressiveQueen Tue 21-Feb-17 23:15:16

I was like this (my youngest is 6 soon). I tried eating fruit but found that many apples really made me ill, only carbs did any good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now