Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Underwire Bras in pregnancy. Vital or not worth it?

(6 Posts)
WantingBaby1 Tue 21-Feb-17 07:17:06

How does everyone feel about bras? Are you buying underwired? Does it make any difference? I'm reluctant to let go of my underwired tshirt bras but does the wire and padding interfere with milk supply? I'm 16 weeks and haven't grown much, still fitting in my 36c / 34d bras with an extender. Never been measured, just wear what feels comfortable hmm

HeCantBeSerious Tue 21-Feb-17 07:22:02

I wore underwired bras thoughout pregnancy and whilst exclusively expressing, mainly due to their size (was a J cup before pregnancy). Didn't affect my supply (I could have fed the street according to my midwife) but was an absolute pain in the arse when I needed to express whilst out and about. Had I had smaller boobs I'd have worn non-wired drop cup bras no question.

Knottyknitter Tue 21-Feb-17 07:31:56

As long as it's properly fitted then a wired bra is fine. I went to sports crop top type when I couldn't keep up with rate of change

Mouse510 Tue 21-Feb-17 07:38:30

I wore underwired until about 25ish weeks. My boobs didn't get that much bigger but they got too tight round my ribs so I moved on to lovely comfortable soft bras.

kel1234 Tue 21-Feb-17 07:48:27

I only ever wear underwire bras anyway so wouldn't not during my pregnancy. My normal bras fitted for most of my pregnancy anyway, so it was only towards the end I got a few in a bigger size

GreedyDuck Tue 21-Feb-17 09:11:06

I wore wired throughout, and will this time as well. I am an E cup to start with though, and really need the support.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now