Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Bump question

(8 Posts)
Elkalv Mon 20-Feb-17 23:24:04

Just silly question but did bump actually start to show gradually for you or did it suddenly appear one day? I definitely do have a belly already but I can pass as just getting fat or bloated, but I worry if one day I just wake up and have a balloon belly instead ? It will be pretty awkward then as I haven't told anyone at work yet.

ScarletSienna Mon 20-Feb-17 23:29:43

It seemed to be noticeable suddenly for me at around 16-18 weeks. Congratulations!

MotherofA Tue 21-Feb-17 00:11:12

Popped quite a bit at around 14/15 weeks . Congrats too smile

Sparklyuggs Tue 21-Feb-17 07:03:50

Mine popped overnight at 15/16 weeks. I was away for a few days and DH was shocked when I got back! Had quite a bit of round ligament pain for a week before.

moobeana Tue 21-Feb-17 07:07:21

It can be both!
It often depends on baby's position, one day it can look more bloatey and then baby turns and wow! bumptastic!

Joceshe Tue 21-Feb-17 08:00:24

Mine popped at 18/19 weeks. I went from being able to fit easily in my normal jeans to wearing maternity jeans very quickly lol. Took me by surprise!!

Newbie10 Tue 21-Feb-17 09:20:57

I am 19 weeks tomorrow and still waiting for a proper bump to appear! It is very frustrating as at the minute I just feel fat and not pregnant. I am really hoping I pop soon!

abbiebunn Tue 21-Feb-17 10:05:55

Ballooned at 5/6 weeks lol

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: