Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Query ectopic query miscarriage?

(5 Posts)
youngmummy29 Mon 20-Feb-17 20:48:10

Hi everyone! So we were all querying ectopic pregnancy however I had bloods taken last Tuesday with a hcg level of 63 and had them again today so 144 hours later and they're only 106. However they're ruling out ectopic due to the levels sitting in their hundreds everything is very hush hush though already said the pregnancy isn't viable with the levels of hcg not doubling but why are they still tracking hcg????? Any adviceconfusedblush

confusedinlimbo Mon 20-Feb-17 21:10:14

What have they said to you? Have you got to go back for another scan/bloods?

AmyB1986 Mon 20-Feb-17 21:12:47

Hi, I had a mc last year in Jan. When they scanned me they couldn't find my baby. They could see something they called 'products of conception' as I had already been bleeding for 10 days before the scan. They called it an unlocated pregnancy and continued to measure my hcg level until it went under 50.
They monitor it to make sure it's definitely an mc. Sometimes it carries on going up but very slowly with ectopic pregnancies and others such as molar pregnancies.
With a viable pregnancy the hcg should double every 48 hours and with mc it should half every 48 hours. It took 4 weeks for mine to drop for 148 to 19 when they stopped monitoring it.

So sorry for your loss

youngmummy29 Mon 20-Feb-17 21:16:38

Yeah I have more blood tests to be done on Friday. And thank you amy I just needed someone to be up straight with me and tell me what was going on

AmyB1986 Mon 20-Feb-17 21:28:08

I think epu's should tell you the reason why they monitor it. I only know because when they said they wanted to carry on monitoring it I kicked up a fuss as to why.
It makes it slightly easier to deal with if you know what exactly is happening

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now