Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Thought I was 9 weeks but apparently 6 weeks and really worried pleasehelp!!

(11 Posts)
Pexy Mon 20-Feb-17 18:27:58

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if anyone can please help me! As driving myself crazy and have to wait for an ultrasound scan on Friday to check if the baby is growing.

I went for a private scan last Monday and it shown a yolk sac and measured at 5 weeks 3 days (thought i was 8 weeks 3 days) so when they couldn't find a heartbeat I was really worried. At the private scan place she asked for my dates so the date of my last period was 16 december and positive pregnancy test (early as 4 days before my missed period) on 13th January. She then told me to go to an early pregnancy clinic to have everything checked out so i had an internal scan 2 days later. She said that it wasn't at 6 weeks yet the same as the private scan. I am booked in for this Friday coming so its a week aftermy internal scan to see if they can see a heartbeat as baby will be big enough by then or if not the baby stopped growing.

So i'm really struggling to work out how i'm only now 6 weeks pregnant when i thought i was 9. Is that actually possible and can that happen?! I'm losing hope at the moment and really worrying that i've had a missed misscarriage as i have had no bleeding or cramps at all throughout the pregnancy.

Please can someone talk to me about this.

Thank you so much for reading this and please ask questions if you need to know more details.

Fran

dnamummy Mon 20-Feb-17 18:31:46

I also had same with my DS - try not to worry and as later scans will clarify - by way, did you mean to sign off with real name?

Pexy Mon 20-Feb-17 18:46:19

Oops thanks for letting me know! Thank you for your reply smile just praying that everything goes okay on Friday. Xxx

GreedyDuck Mon 20-Feb-17 20:20:36

I would prepare for the worst, but hope for the best. The same thing happened to me at a private scan in December. I was 100% sure of my dates but measured 5-6 weeks instead of 8+4. I was left in limbo for two weeks (during which I had two more scans at the EPU) until the faint heartbeat disappeared, and I then had surgical management.

I really hope that you have better news, but the large difference in dates would worry me.

littleposs Mon 20-Feb-17 20:30:37

A lot of people get their dates wrong and these won't be confirmed until 12 weeks. I measured small until 12 weeks (private scan were 6 days under with date). in the mean time, look after yourself and don't worry yourself silly. Will be keeping everything crossed for you smile xxx

Pexy Mon 20-Feb-17 20:31:48

That's what I'm doing trying to prepare so i'm not completely distraught. I'm really sorry that happened to you though. It's so hard when you're in limbo as you can't mentally prepare yourself xx

Pitchforktotheface Mon 20-Feb-17 20:32:35

Sorry you are going through this. I'd also be preparing for the worst but praying for the best.

Pexy Mon 20-Feb-17 20:33:56

Thanks littleposs for your kind words i do have some hope and trying to not stress too much but i'm an anxious person and suffer with anxiety so trying to stay calm and see what happens. Thanks again xx

Pexy Mon 20-Feb-17 20:35:16

Thank you xxx

HelenaGWells Mon 20-Feb-17 20:36:07

I would prepare for the worst, but hope for the best.

This is the best advice. There are people for whom this news is bad and others who have been just fine. It honestly can go either way. I had a MC at 9 weeks between my 1st and 2nd. It was awful but we got through it. Whatever happens you will get through it.

I hope it is good news for you. flowers

Pexy Mon 20-Feb-17 20:44:20

Thanks for the advice Helena, sorry this happened to you. Xxx I agree with this advice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now