Talk

Advanced search

Anyone with antibodies in blood

(16 Posts)
Amz26 Mon 20-Feb-17 17:28:25

So I had my bloods taken at 11weeks and my Mw called me last week to say my antibodies test came back inconclusive...I then got a letter saying red cell antibodies may have been detected!
I got them redone on Friday and now I'm just waiting for bloods to come back and I'm really stressed! I'm not rhesus negative, as I have O+ blood... Has anyone else got any experience with any other antibodies and what was the outcome for you? Should I be worried about my baby as I'm finding it hard to think about anything else.. I can't stop crying.. thanks for any replies xx

FagAshMIL Mon 20-Feb-17 18:46:41

I am O positive and Rhesus Negative. Have one child.

gamerchick Mon 20-Feb-17 18:49:24

I am O positive and Rhesus Negative. Have one child

How, are you a freak of nature? grin

gamerchick Mon 20-Feb-17 18:50:45

When do you get your results OP?

booellesmum Mon 20-Feb-17 18:55:10

I had anti-k antibodies when I was pregnant with DD1.
DH had to have his blood tested as well, and then I had to have a blood test every 4 weeks.
All was fine with her - now 15!

FunnyBird Mon 20-Feb-17 18:55:35

I had anti-e antibodies . Or Anti-E . Can't remember which and I think there's a difference.
Not serious. He had folic acid to take for a week or two. He was a bit jaundiced. I don't know if the jaundice was because of the antibodies. It really wasn't anything to worry about, just something to monitor and treat if required.

FagAshMIL Mon 20-Feb-17 18:56:37

Haha, yes I think I'm talking out of my arse there grin

I always thought I was O positive but when I was pregnant it turned out that I was Rhesus negative. Had to have an anti D injection straight after the birth.

Sorry OP, ignore me. It was all so long ago

AbbeyRoadCrossing Mon 20-Feb-17 20:32:02

I had anti c, anti K and anti E and am otherwise A positive so mixture of positive and negative can happen - The positive everyone usually talks about is antibody D. Hence anti D injections.

If you have one of the rarer antibodies you'll have a blood test every 2 weeks where they check the level. It doesn't affect first pregnancies.

Amz26 Mon 20-Feb-17 21:11:04

Thanks so much ladies I feel a little better nowsmile
gamerchick My MW said today but she didn't call me so I called her and she told me the results aren't back from the lab yet sad I'm hoping tomorrow but I know these things take time!!
X

AbbeyRoadCrossing Mon 20-Feb-17 21:25:39

They take quite a while if they are looking for antibodies as only certain labs do it - so usually have to send it off rather than do in that hospital. I'd get mine done every 2 weeks and at that appointment get the results from 2 weeks ago if that makes sense.

Amz26 Mon 20-Feb-17 22:05:44

Thanks abbey yes my MW said that it was being sent off! Didn't realise it took that long! Really hope it's not that long as it's driving my crazy! If you don't mind me asking how many pregnancy have you had where antibodies have been detected?

AbbeyRoadCrossing Mon 20-Feb-17 22:18:59

It was on my second pregnancy and detected at the 28 week blood tests.
I'll never know for sure but I think I got them from the blood transfusions during birth of DS (baby 1).
DD was fine by the way. They had a team on standby but they weren't needed. She was jaundiced and we had a lot of checks during her first weeks but she'd always been a tough nut grin

Hawkmoth Mon 20-Feb-17 22:25:19

I had anti- M antibodies twice, nothing happened except I have to carry a card in case I need a transfusion. Babies both fine and the pregnancy in between nothing detected.

Hawkmoth Mon 20-Feb-17 22:26:15

Oh and I was still "allowed" homebirths.

Sorry for the crap posts, one handed due to sleeping baby.

AbbeyRoadCrossing Mon 20-Feb-17 22:33:21

I think a lot depends on the letter and the level it gets to. They were watching the level of c very closely and not too bothered about the other two.
As there's so many variables best not to research anything until you know what you have. It might come back clear anyway

Amz26 Mon 20-Feb-17 23:08:55

Thanks everyone for your comments... you've all made me feel so much better smile I know you're right abbey I shouldn't research anything as I don't even know what to look for yet! Thanks again, I'll keep you all posted, let's hope they've got it wrong x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now