Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Terrible and constant back ache! :(

(4 Posts)
user1480264544 Mon 20-Feb-17 14:56:34

I'm 17 + 2 and suffering with the worst backaches I've ever experienced it's constant and it's making me so miserable!! Any tips or advice on what to do? I work in retail and I'm on my feet.. (part time) it's just a dull ache with occasional shooting pains! Any advice appreciated x

babyunicornvomit Mon 20-Feb-17 23:18:41

Very similar here - 16+5 and atrocious back pains. Actually ended up in hospital today checking over a chest infection and asked for something to help the awful back pain. Doctor gave me codeine which is much stronger than paracetamol and I'm feeling much better already! Make a GP appintment and say how much your back hurts and some strong painkillers would really benefit you - they are addictive though so you have to monitor your use. Also I found stretching, yoga (if I'm up to it) and sleeping with a pillow under my back/front/side where the pain is really helps. Start feeling better soon! xx

ShowMeTheWayHome Tue 21-Feb-17 09:22:40

I would go to the physio. My pelvis keeps becoming misaligned and causes awful backache. Physio says it's down to the pregnancy hormones loosening ligaments etc.

Sparklyuggs Tue 21-Feb-17 09:28:38

Get referred to a maternity physio. I'm 17+4 and saw one yesterday (existing pelvic condition) and there's a lot they can do to help you so you aren't in pain.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now