Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Lightening crotch and Braxton-Hicks

(2 Posts)
AcademicNerd Mon 20-Feb-17 08:48:08

Hiya,

So I'm 37 weeks tomorrow, and I've noticed I'm getting lightening crotch a LOT more than usual over the past few days. Could this mean baby might turn up sooner rather than later (due date: March 13)?

I did overdo it activity-wise this weekend, with a day-long workshop at uni on Friday, followed the next day by a morning of running errands and then a lunch out with my sister. Later that day I had a big period-like cramp that wouldn't quit, and spent the next day resting.

Also, what do Braxton Hicks contractions feel like? I can't quite understand how they supposedly feel different to a regular contraction.

annlee3817 Mon 20-Feb-17 09:05:51

Braxton hicks are usually a painless tightening. My bump used to go rock hard and feel uncomfortable. Everyone is different, but for me, my first contraction pretty much had me immediately on my knees on the bed. Prior to that I had dull period pains. I also had lightning crotch and braxton hicks from around 31 weeks when the baby was pretty much engaged, she arrived at 40+5.

Sorry if that's not much help. Hope you don't have to wait too long.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now