Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Do you wonder how you can keep on doing this?

(38 Posts)
JonSnowsWhore Mon 20-Feb-17 01:03:38

I know I don't exactly have a choice, I can't just hand the baby over to someone else to incubate for the next 16 weeks smile

Was just hoping it wasn't just me thats feeling useless by wondering how the hell im going to make it to the end of this pregnancy alive!

I already have spd, still throwing up, bad heartburn (which even my tablets from the dr aren't stopping anymore) get sciatic pain on & off, as well as my existing medical problem. Sleep is becoming increasingly broken because of the heartburn/spd/peeing.

I literally don't know what to do with myself anymore, if I was an animal I can only assume they'd have put me out of my misery by now confused I dread having to leave the flat because this is my safe place where my bed/medication/toilet is!

Anyone else want to join in with a guilt free moan?

nursebickypegs Mon 20-Feb-17 01:07:39

I'm 27 weeks, and I'm having my CS at 37 weeks as Bub has a heart condition and I have a medical condition. Today has really sunk in of the thoughts, "SHIT there's going to be a small person in our lives".

I've started to feel pregnant; I feel heavier, I am always peeing and I struggle to get comfortable at night time. I joke to my husband and ask him to carry Bub for a bit! SPD is horrible, I get a burning pain in the back of my pelvis, but I have perthes disease so I imagine that doesn't help either.

I know what you mean though. Today my belly button has changed. I looked in the mirror and hated the way my body looks. I just look disgusting.

halfbuffy Mon 20-Feb-17 01:08:58

I feel your pain! Almost 14 weeks to go and I've suffered with hip and back pain that's now gone into the arches of my feet...my midwife has said I can take paracetamol but I'm still not sure so I'm not going to...

Referred to a physio so hopefully they will sort me out!

We've got such a short amount of time left, you can do it! And then just think when you've got your LO in your arms you'll forget how rubbish you felt and just be overjoyed that your baby is here smile keep going!

JonSnowsWhore Mon 20-Feb-17 01:12:55

Sorry to hear about baby's heart condition, that puts everything into perspective doesn't it!

I know what you mean about the panicking though, ever since the start of this pregnancy I've had moments where I've sat & thought 'shit, how am I going to cope with 3 kids!' I even wake up in the night, have a little panic about it & then go back to sleep!

This is a horrible part for me, I don't think I look pregnant! I was over weight to start with (probably didn't help with all the crap I'm going through now) but I just feel like instead of a nice obvious bump, the baby has just pushed a belly chub out further, so as I'm walking around huffing & puffing & in pain, people are probably thinking I just have a serious weight problem 🙈

JonSnowsWhore Mon 20-Feb-17 01:15:40

I've had pain in the arches of my feet but not when being pregnant. It really does hurt, my nan told me to roll a tennis ball around under my arch apparently that helps!

It sooo doesn't feel like a small amount of time haha, my aunt was in her early 40s & had twins & she sailed through & loved being pregnant, I'm bloody 28 & only got one in there & im on my last legs grin

nursebickypegs Mon 20-Feb-17 01:18:32

Love your name jonsnowswhore!

I'm 5ft8 and a size 16; I'm quite chubby and stocky. My work think I'm not pregnant as I don't look it but I feel like I do now, especially when I'm sitting down! I feel like when I say I'm pregnant, people look at my tummy and go "erm, where?" This is my first baby, sadly we have lost 2. I'm so grateful but at the same time I am absolutely exhausted. My husband is emotionally supportive but physically not so much as he works shifts... my poor parents are helping me with DIY!

Halfbuffy let us know how you find physio. I found mine totally useless if I'm honest, and I think it's because of my perths disease and arthritis. I'm on codiene and paracetamol. I feel so guilty about it!

halfbuffy Mon 20-Feb-17 01:19:25

I've been using my dogs tennis balls during the day to roll my feet on, he does get so furious watching me do it though....I think he thinks I'm trying to play with him and then gets annoyed when he realises I'm trying to keep hold of them to roll my feet on so he just walks off in a huff!

Well keep going, and just think you're already closer to the end than when you wrote your original post smile

halfbuffy Mon 20-Feb-17 01:20:47

Nurse I will certainly let you know how I got on! What did your physio say to you? Was it crap advice?

JonSnowsWhore Mon 20-Feb-17 01:26:41

You're completely allowed to be grateful but have a moan at the same time. I swear if I come across one of these 'pregnancy isn't an illness you know' people I will probably swing for them! Some people have wonderful pregnancies & good for them, but some of us really bloody suffer & I won't apologise for that.

I was offered physio last time I had spd but I can't remember why it didn't go ahead, so have no idea if it works or not. I did insist on being induced on my due date last time because I physically couldn't take any more of the pain.

I didn't have my existing medical condition that time though so I'm a bit clueless about what's going to happen this time round when it comes to it!

nursebickypegs Mon 20-Feb-17 01:27:29

Halfbuffy basically got told all the stuff I was expecting, go swimming & little walks and here's some crutches if you need them. I've been going to physio for my hip pain most of my life and it hasn't made any difference... I went to OBGYN physio to make my maternity team happy! I have another appointment in March time when I'm 32 weeks, I'm hoping they will give me some stretching exercises maybe?

Oh rubbing your feet on tennis balls sounds HEAVENLY. My husband rubbed my feet the other day and I think it was the most erotic thing he's ever done in 7 years!!!

halfbuffy Mon 20-Feb-17 01:30:38

Oh I hope the one I go to is more helpful, I already go on walks everyday with the dog and swimming is a pain because I can't be bothered to shave my legs there isn't a pool near me!

I'll give it a go though and see what they said, if they have any nuggets of wisdom I'll report back smile oh and definitely try the tennis balls, it's been a saving grace so far grin

nursebickypegs Mon 20-Feb-17 01:33:02

Jonsnowswhore I'm a nurse and one nurse has returned from maternity leave recently in my workplace. I was telling her I was tired and a bit shit, and she told me she worked up until 40 weeks, doing 12 hour shifts blah blah blah. Shut it! Between her and the other nurse who has never had kids but likes to moan about me to management... I nearly screamed!

If if wasn't for Bubs heart and my hips/pelvis being shit, I think I'd be good at pregnancy. I had no sickness, no headaches, no swollen feet... but my pre existing conditions have flared up. My OBGYN signed me off as my work didn't do a risk assessment angry and he was concerned over baby's health.

I love having a moan but I do feel guilty!

JonSnowsWhore Mon 20-Feb-17 01:33:06

I had to laugh when they gave me the crutches. I can't use crutches at the best of times, let alone at 8 months pregnant! It would take me 10 times longer to get anywhere than if I just hobbled through the pain!

nursebickypegs Mon 20-Feb-17 01:34:37

Halfbuffy I actually feel like a baby whale in my swimming costume now! My walks usually result in me going to the cute little tea rooms in town for some cake and then waddling back!!

nursebickypegs Mon 20-Feb-17 01:35:13

I literally raised an eyebrow at the crutches too!!! My husband nearly wet himself!

JonSnowsWhore Mon 20-Feb-17 01:36:13

Oh I couldn't cope with that, if they could do it, more power to them & all that jazz, but quite frankly I'm bloody glad I'm a sahm for the time being because I'd have lost any job I had by now!

Usually I can't wait to sleep but I'm still awake now because I can feel the threat of throwing up again any minute now confused

nursebickypegs Mon 20-Feb-17 01:38:28

I'm currently trying to get comfortable with about 4 cushions around me and it is NOT working! What are you taking for your heartburn?

I actually wanted to punch "I worked until I was crowning" nurse, and I think she knew that too!!

JonSnowsWhore Mon 20-Feb-17 01:41:43

Until I was crowning! Excellent!

It's Ranitidine, had to Google as couldn't remember. Hospital consultant gave it to me without question when I told her I'd been throwing up streaks of blood! It's good stuff

JonSnowsWhore Sat 25-Feb-17 17:50:00

Reviving this thread because I'm having a melt down about STILL feeling sick & need encouragement not to throw myself off of my balcony 😫

JessieMillz25 Sat 25-Feb-17 17:55:34

Oh John I know how you feel :-(. I have 9 weeks to go and it might as well be an additional nine months! I feel like I notice every second that passes 🙈

JonSnowsWhore Sat 25-Feb-17 17:58:00

I've just been told I've done well today for not having a breakdown so far, but he feels that it's all about to change very soon 😫

JessieMillz25 Sat 25-Feb-17 18:00:12

I cried in mothercare today! So I deffo know that feeling. How can they not have the silver cross wayfarer in navy when that's the one I wanted!

JonSnowsWhore Sat 25-Feb-17 18:04:12

grin thank god we haven't been out proper shopping yet! I have my heart set on one travel system & one travel system only! It's currently not in any shops so will have to hope we can still get it online.

So far I'm on a daily breakdown about feeling so shit so heaven forbid anything extra should stress me out!

nursebickypegs Sat 25-Feb-17 18:55:39

I cried yesterday in Nottingham; I tried to attempt Primark, failed, got exhausted and waddled to a posh French cake shop that wouldn't let me use their loo. So I waddled to Greggs where the lovely lady let me use their loo, and then gave me some soup and a doughnut as I looked "drained". I just said thank you through snotty gasps!!!

Today I decorated the nursery as clearly I want to make my life a living hell!

BottomlyP0tts Sat 25-Feb-17 19:07:08

I know so well what is in the other side ( a potentially colicky baby) that I'm enjoying being able to lie in bed until 8:30 while my 5 and 3 year old play Lego at my feet.

THAT is the only thing keeping me going... the idea that it's most likely going to be a lot more stressful and painful once baby arrives

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now