Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnancy after a Prem Baby

(14 Posts)
FraggleRock77 Sun 19-Feb-17 21:07:09

Just trying to seek some kind of reassurance, plus equally interested. First DS born at 29 weeks, luckily a healthy three year old now. Did anyone go on to have a second/third/fourth prem baby or did you make it to term? Currently pregnant 13 weeks! Limited traffic on the prem threads x

cornflakes91 Mon 20-Feb-17 04:30:13

My first was born at 39 weeks no problems, my second was born at 32 weeks due to PPROM leading to spontaneous prem labour. They never found a reason for the PPROM, no infection detected or anything. In my third pregnancy I was full of panic thinking she would be prem too,!was consultant led and had cervical length scans at 17 and 20 weeks as well as swabs for infection neither which found anything and she ended up going overdue to 40+2! Currently 17+4 with DC4, feeling nervous again I guess just because there was no reason found for DC2 being prem but fingers crossed I make it to term again and so do you smile

MiniMaxi Mon 20-Feb-17 04:47:28

Only have the one but wanted to say good luck, Fraggle!

Our son was 6 weeks early due to a placental abruption. Immediately afterwards we felt as if we wouldn't want to risk it again. He's now a happy 6 month old and talk sometimes turns to potential future siblings... So I wonder the same thing smile

Emz32 Mon 20-Feb-17 06:02:40

My first baby was born at exactly 35 weeks just after my waters suddenly went at 34+6. It was all quite traumatic & it took us a few years to contemplate another baby. Just had our second baby & I was consultant led, had 3 extra growth scans & a cervical scan. She went to 40+2 & was born after a successful sweep. I was ready for her from 35 weeks & was quite fed up once I went overdue grin.

Oysterbabe Mon 20-Feb-17 09:15:25

I'm worried about this too. DD born preterm after PPROM. I never found put why but I did have thrush, could that have caused It?
TTC#2 and will be an anxious wreck.

10storeylovesong Mon 20-Feb-17 09:46:37

Following for some good news stories! My ds was born at 27+2 due to a large blood clot on my placenta. This started at 21 weeks and I was in and out of hospital from then until he was born with heavy bleeding. They never found a reason for it.

I'm currently 7+5 after 3 years of ttc and 4 early losses. Everyone around me wants to wrap me up in cotton wool and it's already driving me mad!

Whitelisbon Mon 20-Feb-17 09:56:42

First baby born at 29 weeks after PROM and placental abruption.
Second dc went to 42+3 and almost had to be dragged out.
Third and fourth (twins) was planned c section at 37+2.
Fifth was planned c section at 39 weeks.

Rarotonga Mon 20-Feb-17 10:22:28

My niece was born at 23+5, they never found a definite reason for this but they thought it was probably an infection.

Her little sister was born at 39 weeks. My sister had regular cervical length scans to check all was well.

Good luck, really hope all goes well with your pregnancy.

RueDeWakening Mon 20-Feb-17 10:32:39

My 2nd was a 31 weeker (now 7 and fine), but my 3rd made it to not quite 38 weeks, when I had a planned section.

Have to say the pregnancy was stressful, and I didn't prepare anything until a couple of weeks before my section date as it felt like I was tempting fate iyswim.

whirliebird Mon 20-Feb-17 11:12:35

My first was born at 34wks (no reason found) my second was born at 38+3 and my third was born at 39+5. I'm currently 35+1 with baby number 4. Who knows when I'll pop this time grin

whirliebird Mon 20-Feb-17 11:14:37

Try not to worry. If there was no specific reason for your first being early then there is no reason why you would have another prem birth. I spent too much time in my second pregnancy worrying, when in the end, everything was absolutely fine. X

percypeppa Mon 20-Feb-17 13:57:26

My first was born at 29weeks, never found out why and I'm currently 41weeks with my second so the complete opposite! I had extra monitoring throughout this pregnancy. Good luck!

FraggleRock77 Mon 20-Feb-17 18:48:03

Thank you for all the feed back. Like posters have said, sometimes there is no rhythm or reason. They think mine was due to my cervix so under a consultant and pending a possible stitch. It's hard not to worry though and I'm only 13 weeks! Eeeeek!!! X

Autumnleaves105 Mon 20-Feb-17 18:54:27

Also following for good experiences! My son was born at 27 weeks due to me having sever pre eclampsia and HELLP syndrome. My placenta had died and he had stopped growing at 25 weeks. He was doing ok my but my liver and kidneys were starting to fail so I had emergency c section and was in hospital for 10 days, narrowly missed a blood transfusion! They said at first I couldn't have any more, now they've said I can but will be closely monitored and prob won't carry full term.
We are hoping to try for number 2 in September but I am pretty nervous about what might happen.
Good luck flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now