Talk

Advanced search

Sore finger joints, 38 weeks

(5 Posts)
Mouse510 Sun 19-Feb-17 19:58:02

I'm 38 weeks today. I had to give up on my wedding rings a couple of weeks ago so I know my fingers are swollen. The last couple of days the joints in my fingers are sore and stiff, not carpal tunnel type pain, more like what I imagine arthritis type pain to be like. It is sore to bend fingers, form a fist and stretch my hands open.

Is anyone else suffering with this? Does anyone have any tips to ease the pain?

Jojo13 Sun 19-Feb-17 21:12:03

Hi,
I suffered from this in my first pregnancy from quite early on. Probably 25 weeks or something. I couldn't grip things very tightly and all my knuckles just ached so much. Really odd. I did find it came and went though, some days worse than others. I'm sorry I don't have any advice on how to alleviate, but maybe speak to midwife, it could be carpal tunnel related maybe??

SockQueen Sun 19-Feb-17 22:07:00

I had this in the last few weeks of my pregnancy, made worse by it being a heatwave (last August)! Think it's down to general swelling/fluid retention plus probably relaxin hormone. Didn't find anything that eased it, but it went away completely by the time I was home from hospital with DS.

AllAboutCats83 Fri 24-Feb-17 01:25:01

Hey, I have this too, apparently it is carpel tunnel syndrome, caused by the extra fluid in wrists/arms pressing on nerves. My hands are swollen and hurts to bend my fingers. My MW suggested physio x

Sugarcoma Sat 25-Feb-17 06:40:49

Ohhhh I've been lurking to see if anyone else is suffering from this! I'm 35 weeks but have had it for about a month. Every morning when I first wake up my finger joints are so painful - they get a bit better as the day goes on but if I clench my fists the pain re-appears.

I've mentioned it to my obs team but they weren't very interested so I think it's normal sad

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: