Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Eptopic pregnancy and tests

(6 Posts)
Natalie2900 Sun 19-Feb-17 18:38:05

Hey
Can anybody help me? I'm wondering if anybody has ad an eptopic pregnancy and it took longer to get a positive home pregnancy test?
I didn't get a strong positive until 4 days after my period was due. I had a faint line the day before and it got slightly darker the day my period was due.
Is a faint positive a possible sigh of eptopic? I've been having really strange pains in my right side. I don't know where my Fallopian tubes are I don't know if he are beside my hip bone or below but in worrying I have an eptopic pregnancy

MrsG30 Sun 19-Feb-17 18:52:44

I don't know the answer to your question but:

1) if you're concerned, call your doctor first thing tomorrow.

2) I'm 3+3 according to the apps, but actually only about a week preg. I tested on Tuesday (14th) and got a bfn. I tested today, and got a faint positive - positive is a positive whether the line is faint or dark. I don't know if a home pregnancy test can be an indicator of an ectopic?

3) we seem to be around the same time pg, I'm also having mild cramping/pain on one side (also my right!), I've put this down to implantation - hopefully bean is burying right in there and getting snug!

Sorry I can't be much help, the NHS website is fairly inconclusive too: http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Ectopic-pregnancy/Pages/Symptoms.aspx

Twinnypops Sun 19-Feb-17 19:00:46

Yes, best thing to do is see your gp. In all likelihood everything is ok, but it's best to be on the safe side.

Natalie2900 Sun 19-Feb-17 19:03:23

I am going to phone tomorrow and try and book a scan for Tuesday. It's horrible not being able
To get excited now! I've convinced myself it's eptopic :-(.
I only have sharp pains low down a week ago which I thought was baby getting snuggled in. But nothing since just all on my side. It's quite high up though which makes me think it can't be.

JJ1612 Sun 19-Feb-17 20:03:40

I had really bad pains in my left side when I found out I was pregnant and worried about ectopic and even had to call 111 as I was in so much pain. Turns out I had fibroids which was causing all the pain. I'd go to your gp and maybe they can refer you for an early scan?

HN42 Sun 19-Feb-17 22:18:53

Try not to worry - I convinced myself at 6 weeks after the doctor put in my head that my symptoms could suggest an ectopic pregnancy that that is what would be found. Turned out nothing was wrong, but only way to confirm is a scan. A GP will examine you internally and externally and most likely refer for a scan. To try and reassure you though - I was told the vast majority of ectopic pregnancies don't tend to show up symptoms until at least 8 weeks as the embryo is too small before that to be causing pain in your fallopian tube. It may just be that you ovulated later than you thought and that may be why the positive test took a while. Your pain is probably just things stretching, around week 4-6 I had a lot of weird pain so a lot of it is probably just normal pain.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now