Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Blood-streaked discharge, should I be worried?

(4 Posts)
BumblingBee89 Sun 19-Feb-17 17:30:54

Feel like I've posted a lot on here lately!

I'm 7 weeks.

So, basically, last Saturday I had some bleeding with clots. I went to the EPU AND was booked in for a scan on Tuesday. To be absolute relief and happiness all was fine and we even saw the little heartbeat flickering away! Midwife could find no cause for the bleeding.

A few hours, I went to the toilet and when I wiped, there was some white discharge with some small streaks of light red blood.

I'm the first to say that I am a worrier. I suffer from anxiety anyway, and after an early miscarriage in October I have been quite on edge for the past few weeks.

So, is this something I need to worry about? I asked my sister who has two children and she said it sounds OK. I did try to give the EPU a call earlier but couldn't get through.

I've had nothing since. Do you I just keep an eye on it and presume if it doesn't happen again all is fine?

BumblingBee89 Sun 19-Feb-17 17:31:49

To my absolute relief
A few hours ago

oliversmummy26 Mon 20-Feb-17 13:57:50

Hi Bumbling you sound like you're in a very similar situation to me. I have had brown and pink discharge so far this pregnancy. Yesterday at 11+1 I had a big bright red bleed and immediate thought the worst. We managed to get a private scan on a Sunday (had to drive miles!) as no EPU here at the weekend, and baby was just fine, measuring bang on for dates and heartbeat flickering.

I think the fact that you saw a healthy baby on Tuesday is a very good sign and reduces your risks of miscarriage dramatically. Keep trying your EPU and see if they will see you again, as it will stop your worrying which I know is awful after having a mmc myself at 10 weeks last December.

Try to take it easy, put your feet up if you can and monitor the bleeding, is it tailing off or increasing? Have you dtd recently as that seems to be what starts my bleeding off..?

princessbananahammock252 Mon 20-Feb-17 23:38:25

I had some bleeding in the early weeks of my pregnancy. I went for a scan at the EPU firstly at 5 weeks (too early to see a heartbeat) and then again at 7. We saw a very healthy heartbeat and as PP said, as you've seen the heartbeat that's actually a very good sign. The bleeding was pink streaky just like yours and stopped before the scan at 7 weeks. If the bleeding is bright red and accompanied with painful cramps, then call your midwife immediately. Otherwise I think it's normal to have a little light bleed. I'm now 22 weeks and baby is doing very well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now