Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

3rd baby, 3rd section

(3 Posts)
ShezowsSister Sun 19-Feb-17 14:38:55

We've decided we'd like to try for a 3rd baby. I've had 2 sections, 1 emergency, 1 elective. My last was 3 years ago. I'm just wondering if I should have my scar checked/scar tissue checked to see if it's a good idea. Is that even possible? Or is it just a case of trying and seeing how my uterus holds up?!

MrsMooneyMumOf4 Sun 19-Feb-17 20:03:56

Hi I've had 3 c sections, 1 emergency & 2 elective. I'm due to have another in May as I'm pregnant with our 4th baby. As long as there was no previous complications & you haven't been advised not to get pregnant again I don't see any reason why you shouldn't but of course if it eases your mind to speak to someone about how your previous c section was regarding scar tissue etc you should. Good luck :-)

InsaneMummyOfThree Sun 19-Feb-17 21:15:28

Hi I'm in the same boat as mrsmooney. I have three children already and 32 weeks pregnant with my fourth. 1st was an emergency, 2nd a planned section and 3rd I tried a vba2c but ended in a semi emergency section. Nothing has been said about my scar or that it's dangerous but obviously they give you the statistics about the more sections u have the greater the risk of things like hemorrhaging and having to do hysterectomies. Mine are all very close together, they are 4,3 and 2 so obviously scar hasn't had a great deal of time to heal. If you would feel better, ask if you can have a consultation with one of the consultants at the hospital to go over your previous births and sections. I remember the surgeon commented that my scar was very easy to get through with my second. Good luck. X

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: