Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

3rd baby, 3rd section

(3 Posts)
ShezowsSister Sun 19-Feb-17 14:38:55

We've decided we'd like to try for a 3rd baby. I've had 2 sections, 1 emergency, 1 elective. My last was 3 years ago. I'm just wondering if I should have my scar checked/scar tissue checked to see if it's a good idea. Is that even possible? Or is it just a case of trying and seeing how my uterus holds up?!

MrsMooneyMumOf4 Sun 19-Feb-17 20:03:56

Hi I've had 3 c sections, 1 emergency & 2 elective. I'm due to have another in May as I'm pregnant with our 4th baby. As long as there was no previous complications & you haven't been advised not to get pregnant again I don't see any reason why you shouldn't but of course if it eases your mind to speak to someone about how your previous c section was regarding scar tissue etc you should. Good luck :-)

InsaneMummyOfThree Sun 19-Feb-17 21:15:28

Hi I'm in the same boat as mrsmooney. I have three children already and 32 weeks pregnant with my fourth. 1st was an emergency, 2nd a planned section and 3rd I tried a vba2c but ended in a semi emergency section. Nothing has been said about my scar or that it's dangerous but obviously they give you the statistics about the more sections u have the greater the risk of things like hemorrhaging and having to do hysterectomies. Mine are all very close together, they are 4,3 and 2 so obviously scar hasn't had a great deal of time to heal. If you would feel better, ask if you can have a consultation with one of the consultants at the hospital to go over your previous births and sections. I remember the surgeon commented that my scar was very easy to get through with my second. Good luck. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now